• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
110 vs 2030 and Ridgeway soles make them very different to me
Oh, no you won't see 110 SBs maybe ever again unfortunately. None of the stockists even really did them as SMUs. Maybe Kevin will do 110 boondockers again, maybe?

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a couple more pictures of the stitching… hope I didn’t add in any duplicates. I like the black aesthetic going on here. It might not be for everybody. I have no idea tho what other way they could have done the “rapid stitching” if that’s what it’s called other then how it already is. So I’m biased towards my own purchase lol

these pictures are from all 4 sides of the welt.

Attachments

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do have a question about the boots tho … they don’t feel highly waxed. To me that seems like a good thing (you can tell there’s a little) but the question is…. When they say “waxed” particularly for my pair they don’t mean “TPR” do they? Like that plastic lamination stuff viberg does. I think it’s called a resin?

zachthespook

Reaction score
I do have a question about the boots tho … they don’t feel highly waxed. To me that seems like a good thing (you can tell there’s a little) but the question is…. When they say “waxed” particularly for my pair they don’t mean “TPR” do they? Like that plastic lamination stuff viberg does. I think it’s called a resin?
probably burnished with wax like what Viberg does with their Kudu typically

edit:CF stead, not Viberg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waxed is a finish applied by Maryam. TPR is a different finish. They don't feel super saturated with wax because it was done to the grain side so you aren't producing like a waxed flesh.

Ageless

Reaction score
Waxed probably means it's been hot stuffed with waxes by a heat roller or drum. The fibre structure of leather leaves a lot of room for wax, it's hard to get a waxy feeling. The only leathers I find waxy to the touch are shell cordovan, W&C double stuff and Traditional Harness, Waxed flesh and other very hot stuffed Horween leathers.

Last edited:

7sport

Reaction score
Guidi matte black calf. After…..3-4 years they’re looking a bit busted. Never cleaned nor condition and they View attachment 1806493 still feel nice and supple.
This leather is great. I have a pair I bought 7 years ago. Tried conditioning them a couple years ago with VSC and didn’t like the results. I ended up cleaning off all the conditioner and picked up some bick4 to try out. Better results, but I don’t think they’re quite the same anymore.

67A7C781-B212-4085-97A4-F9929E06B71D.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Bought the last size 7 in the black 145. I’m assuming they’ll fit the same as my other 110 145.

zippyh

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A bunch of Vibergs on sale 30-40% off at Altitude Sports

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ymodi58