1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jp2k1

jp2k1 Senior member

I always find an excuse to wear Viberg boots

2. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Not an ignorant question at all. You see, Brooklyn Clothing likes Viberg's as much as we do and they are afraid that if they post them online, they might sell quicker. They would rather hold into them, I mean...wouldn't you?

3. Aviv

Aviv Senior member

I suspected it was something along these lines. Damn. Do they do phone orders?

4. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

You mean they want to keep inventory? That's a first. I would imagine it may be some deal with Viberg.

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

There are plenty of other real nice options out there. So as nice as Vibergs are they aren'lt the end all be all for me. But then again neither is Edward Green or Rancourt. I enjoy being able to chose a boot or shoe that is more appropriate for the wardrobe I've chosen to wear that day.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  6. Raneleigh

Raneleigh Senior member

Kidding.. ; )

7. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

I was figuring that, haha. At least hoping! haha

8. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

These shell look to me more like rugged workboots which I like a lot.

9. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

Perhaps they know that they will sell out of Vibergs anyway, and bringing people into the store, where they also might be likely to purchase something else, is the strategy?

Just hypothesizing.

10. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

Received my pair of cinnamon RO 2040 today (pics possibly later...on vacation so maybe much later) but unfortunately the right boot did not fit well at all. I was wearing loafer liners when I tried the boots on and the instep on the right boot was way too tight and the heel cup felt too tight as well (whereas on the left foot, everything felt snug but not invasive or tight). So I guess I'm going to have to send them back for either an exchange for a size up or full return for a different boot. I'm not sure at this point.

FWIW, I thought the color of the boots was much better in person than in any product pictures I've seen. Even in my own photos the color was washing out with natural light. The color was much more red-orange and saturated than online. This was my first in-person interaction with Vibergs and I must say they are built like tanks. I couldn't find any details or imperfections that I found warranted a return, but I did find that one of the stitch-down stitches ended one stitch before the edge of the leather rather than one stitch past it (only one side on one boot). Other than that, I loved the construction from my brief handling and am excited to get a pair that fits and break them in.

11. 45bur

45bur Senior member

That's too bad. How did you size?

12. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

I brannock 8E on my right, which is the bigger foot, but obviously that doesn't account for instep. I went with an 8, as it is on the 2040, but to no avail. I think I will either go 8.5 in the cinnamon or wait for guy to email back with some sizing advice.

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Wow. I Brannock 8E too and the 7.5 in 2030 is almost perfect. I still need a thin insole for the forefoot, so I could possibly fit the 7 in the 2030.

14. neilz4

neilz4 Well-Known Member

I guess my instep is just stupidly high on my right foot. It's not even an issue with the leather being too tight or anything, but the stitch that attaches the tongue to the vamp is what hurts me since it isn't even the slightest bit flexible.

EDIT: I will also add that, while my feet are also stupidly wide, the width was totally okay on both feet.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  15. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

Could anyone suggest a similar boot to the Nigel Cabourn collab with Viberg? Really liking the weathered suede on those and if possible a similar silhouette to the Service boot

16. forsan

forsan Senior member

17. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Senior member

Has anyone received a pair from the last sample sales?

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Yeah, that will be in the next set of orders. And, fml, but we didn't get into production for our MTO before the Viberg summer break, so all 3 makeups now in the pipeline will probably get here in September. We are in line, just like everyone else.

We will have another preorder at around that time, for delivery during the holiday season, hopefully.

1 person likes this.
  19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Fok, any update on the smoke grey Kudu? I think we ordered in early April so we are around 12 weeks or so already. I am really hoping those are not pushed until September as well

20. Engineer05

Engineer05 Well-Known Member

Should get mine on Friday. I'm in the PNW, so it might take a few more days for people on the east coast.