• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sklark23

Reaction score
I believe he said on Mondays is when are they will be posting if I remember correctly

alldma

Reaction score
I also have the 1950 Service Boots with turned up toe (the 310 last), and I find them to be 1/2 sizer larger overall than true-to-size US boots, but slightly narrow. For me, I am a 10D in most US workboots, but a 9.5E in Viberg.
Any chance you can compare to Alden Indys?

dilbert

Reaction score
Any chance you can compare to Alden Indys?

I wear 8.5D in Alden Indys (as well as White's, Wesco, RW) and have the Viberg 1950 in both the 310 and 2030 lasts in a size 8. The 310 last in a size 8 fits me well and while the 2030 still fits, it's a bit snug for my liking. If I was to get another 2030, I'll go 8.5.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear 8.5D in Alden Indys (as well as White's, Wesco, RW) and have the Viberg 1950 in both the 310 and 2030 lasts in a size 8. The 310 last in a size 8 fits me well and while the 2030 still fits, it's a bit snug for my liking. If I was to get another 2030, I'll go 8.5.
I've been waiting for a reply like this, thanks. But when you refer to taking an 8 in Viberg do you mean UK7?

mijama

Reaction score
Nice grab. You were bolder than I...
I really wanted these but i couldnt figure out the sizing myself. Im a 9D too.

Please let me know how these fit as im looking to own a pair in the near future.

dilbert

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a reply like this, thanks. But when you refer to taking an 8 in Viberg do you mean UK7?

8 in Viberg sizing = UK8. So to be clear, I wear US8.5 in Alden Indy and UK8 in Viberg.

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I think if you're a 8.5D in Alden Indys an 8.5UK in Viberg is going to be extremely long, and the ball of your foot is going to be up past the widest part of the shoe. I'd only look at 7.5UK or 8UK MAX, otherwise I'd say the boot last just doesn't fit your foot.

echoes

Reaction score
can anyone make any comparisons between viberg sizing and clarks desert boots and/or red wing moc toe (i.e. 8138) boots sizing?

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
The second batch of boots is almost done and will be going live on Tuesday around noon (pacific time). It's going to be more like 15 styles this time as 30 was just way to much logistically for us to deal with in a single day. We've also tried to be more descriptive this time and have included the last and any specific flaw that might be present. As for sizing people don't necessarily need to worry so much about the UK thing. It's not like we have two sets of size stamps or anything. The 2030 last is relatively shallow and narrow and i like a full size down from my Brannock size in this. The 110 is wider and rounder with more room in the toe and i can do 1 or 1.5 down from my Brannock size. The 310 has the upturned toe and is at least as roomy as the 110. Besides that there is the hiker last and a few others which are seldom used. Once our new site launches we will have a thorough sizing guide with comparisons as well as visuals for all the lasts. I understand this sale isn't perfect, but we're working with what we have. Some of these boots are years old and don't even have a label.

BTW round 2 is gonna be really good. I'm away this weekend so i won't be prompt with emails. If you are asking about what will be available don't bother, we are not going to release that early. Talk to you all on Tuesday. Enjoy the weekend!

EastWestApparel

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know which last the 66 hiker is on if not one of its own? And how it might fit in comparison to Rw's or Alden or Whites? Much appreciated.

J.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am an 11E in the Alden Trubalance and Barrie, and I have an 11E in the Hiker 66. I could probably have done a 10.5E but wanted a little toe room

Emixam

Reaction score
noob question : the difference between the 1950 and the 1940 service boots is the toe cap ?

echoes

Reaction score
noob question : the difference between the 1950 and the 1940 service boots is the toe cap ?

The toe cap on either boot is optional; same with the toe box.

The main difference, I believe, is that the 1950 Service Boot has a top band whereas the 1940 Service Boot doesn't.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads