• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that Flame Panda is the new Viberg. If you're willing to pay Viberg money then you're likely to spring a bit more for what Flame Panda offers and you're only looking at Viberg to begin with because you're really into boots.
I think Iron Boots USA is a bit closer as they have a bigger team and a handful of patterns but better construction and what appears to be a cleaner product. Their Devil Dog is similar to a service boot.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Iron Boots USA is a bit closer as they have a bigger team and a handful of patterns but better construction and what appears to be a cleaner product. Their Devil Dog is similar to a service boot.
I only mention this again for newer folks, but in terms of matching construction, the closest alternative I'm aware of is Wesco. Everyone else uses steel instead brass nails, and not all use leather structure pieces. Even with Wesco you have to ask (and pay extra) for leather counters.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only mention this again for newer folks, but in terms of matching construction, the closest alternative I'm aware of is Wesco. Everyone else uses steel instead brass nails, and not all use leather structure pieces. Even with Wesco you have to ask (and pay extra) for leather counters.
Construction, yes but aesthetic isn't even close, imo.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Wesco offers leather counters. I had emailed them about that last year and they said they only do celastic counters.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think Wesco offers leather counters. I had emailed them about that last year and they said they only do celastic counters.
Interesting. I got the info from Baker's, maybe they were wrong/misunderstood.
Construction, yes but aesthetic isn't even close, imo.
Yeah agree. If you need to match on both construction and aesthetic, then your options are

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IB is really cool and they have the best 310 clone out there. I'm waiting for them to bring back their Iron Dress Zero still. They also use more formal leathers generally and the casual leathers are just European bullhides or Maryam Horsehide. They have a very limited leather selection as Kai is super picky. They may revisit shell in the future and maybe the Ostmo collab leathers will be available on their regular line, or maybe not. The collab seems to be in perpetual delay.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!
Just got this email. What can be expected in their MTO event? Do you know if it includes all rare/exotic leathers or is it just an opportunity to own a stock model in a particular last?

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this email. What can be expected in their MTO event? Do you know if it includes all rare/exotic leathers or is it just an opportunity to own a stock model in a particular last?
Large range of leathers and sole options, any last you want, no shell.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So its not a sample too, just an mto event?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
My last MTOs were $775 then $850 I think. They will easily be $900+ now I bet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads