• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aw that's even worse. So basically Shell cordovan boots are like Yamazaki whiskies. Unobtanium.
Only for stitchdown, but there's plenty of GYW options!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa. I was thinking of doing a shoe-boot thing but now…
It is more expensive, but if you're willing to wait I say go for it (unless you were wanting a shell one.) The cost is also going to depend on the makeup too, it won't hurt to get a quote from Peng

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like higher SPI, but they could definitely dial it back some.

I think they hit the sweet spot late 2019/early 2020.
I like the higher SPI aesthetics personally but almost no cobbler can reproduce that as the needles are different too.

nareichert

Reaction score
Hey Mofos, long time no see. I ordered the brown J&FJ in EE after not buying any Vibergs in a few years. I’m not a fan of my Mahogany shell pair I have and been looking for an alternative pair for a while now. These should get a lot more wear.
If those mahog shell are 12s let me know, lol.

wanderlust2000

Reaction score
Enzo Bonafè & I also like Carmina.
If you’re looking for stitchdown…then what @Crizzlelovesyou mentioned.

I didn’t realize Flame Panda was crazy expensive.
Cloe natural shell is now 1450$
Shinki is $900

I have to weigh my flamepandas I have - they are extremely heavy and tanks. My personal opinion is you are getting a Viberg++ in terms of quality and qc.
aesthetic is more similar to Vibergs than your carmina And enzo

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cloe natural shell is now 1450$
Shinki is $900

I have to weigh my flamepandas I have - they are extremely heavy and tanks. My personal opinion is you are getting a Viberg++ in terms of quality and qc.
aesthetic is more similar to Vibergs than your carmina And enzo
Yeah its cheaper if you use non-horween shell, but I would also expand to most ID makers if you want to use non-horween shell. Its that venn diagram of horween shell + stitchdown that's crazy expensive.

wanderlust2000

Reaction score
Yeah its cheaper if you use non-horween shell, but I would also expand to most ID makers if you want to use non-horween shell. Its that venn diagram of horween shell + stitchdown that's crazy expensive.
yeah I wish I could have used horween shell - but FP did not have any horween shells thick enough for an unstructured boondocker. ?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I wish I could have used horween shell - but FP did not have any horween shells thick enough for an unstructured boondocker. ?
Yeah but cloe crust unstructured boondockers sound incredible. I love my cloe crust renavs

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrosisEduTech