• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

XWT

Reaction score
They look normal. Embrace the scuffs and scratches!
I'm ready to embrace them. I wasn't expecting how quick they'd appear, and it got me worried that I could end up wearing through the uppers.

CXL is known to scratch very easily. It seems to be a characteristic that people like as it ages quickly and shows patina. Sounds like that wasn’t what you were looking for which I’m sure is disappointing but that “damage” all looks very normal.
never read CXL to be scratch resistant. quite the opposite as it ages quickly.
Expecting CXL not to scratch is like expecting snow not to melt in hell. If you look at CXL funny it will scratch.
I knew people said it aged quickly, but I didn't know it was this tender. I'll get over it I'm pretty sure. It's my first CXL item.
I guess I expected it to be less different than the other cowhide boots I have than they actually are.

zachthespook

Reaction score
I'm ready to embrace them. I wasn't expecting how quick they'd appear, and it got me worried that I could end up wearing through the uppers.

I knew people said it aged quickly, but I didn't know it was this tender. I'll get over it I'm pretty sure. It's my first CXL item.
I guess I expected it to be less different than the other cowhide boots I have than they actually are.
I've noticed with my CXL pairs, is that I can give them a nice rubbing with some shoe cream and basically buff out the appearance of scratches pretty well. Better than my other pairs

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Finally got my Bobcat resole back from Viberg and they did a great job.
Those do look great, and the Ridgeways work well on that boot!

Did they send them back in a new box? Do you mind sharing the process for Viberg’s resole service, and how long they took to complete the job? Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 10.5%