• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Hi friends!

I find myself with the same model Viberg 1035 in a 10.5 and 11. I Brannock 11.5 HTB and 10.5E HTT. Big wide toes, comparatively low instep and skinny ankles, possibly “flipper foot”.

I’ve worn both pairs twice so little break in. The 11s have heel slip like crazy with athletic socks (not dress socks but not boot socks either). With boot socks, the 11s feel great. Maybe a little heel slip still.

The 10.5s are difficult on the toes in both athletic and boot socks, but not unbearably so. But definitely snug. Minimal heel slip.

Which should I keep? Advice for stitchdown seems to trend smaller, which would favor the 10.5. 11 is more comfortable now but I don’t want to only wear thick boot socks and I’m not sure the heel slip will ever go away for less than thick socks.

Whaddya say?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi friends!

I find myself with the same model Viberg 1035 in a 10.5 and 11. I Brannock 11.5 HTB and 10.5E HTT. Big wide toes, comparatively low instep and skinny ankles, possibly “flipper foot”.

I’ve worn both pairs twice so little break in. The 11s have heel slip like crazy with athletic socks (not dress socks but not boot socks either). With boot socks, the 11s feel great. Maybe a little heel slip still.

The 10.5s are difficult on the toes in both athletic and boot socks, but not unbearably so. But definitely snug. Minimal heel slip.

Which should I keep? Advice for stitchdown seems to trend smaller, which would favor the 10.5. 11 is more comfortable now but I don’t want to only wear thick boot socks and I’m not sure the heel slip will ever go away for less than thick socks.

Whaddya say?
Stick with the 11

WatchesCars

Reaction score
Hi friends!

Whaddya say?
Id say 10.5 sometimes new boots just have toe discomfort during the first few wears even if it's a perfect fit. The leather is just stiff at first. I personally wouldn't want any heel slip on my boots ever, especially early on as the fit of the boot is only going to get more loose with time and wear

nareichert

Reaction score
Hi friends!

Whaddya say?
Sell both and find a size 11 on the 2040 last. Seems like it would be a great fit.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Sell both and find a size 11 on the 2040 last. Seems like it would be a great fit.
I have 10.5 and 11 in a chamois 2055. The 11 is great on the toes and fair in the heel, a little slippy. 10.5 is great on the heel and instep but tight on the toes from the top.

I thought the 10.5 1035 might avoid that since it’s much rounder on top than the 2055, or at least the chamois models from last year. And it does to some degree, but not entirely.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
I have 10.5 and 11 in a chamois 2055. The 11 is great on the toes and fair in the heel, a little slippy. 10.5 is great on the heel and instep but tight on the toes from the top.

I thought the 10.5 1035 might avoid that since it’s much rounder on top than the 2055, or at least the chamois models from last year. And it does to some degree, but not entirely.
If it's tight from the top, it may not alleviate with wear since toe boxes tend to collapse a bit, but you should try thin socks if you haven't. If you have heel slip, it can be from lacing as well, I've noticed cross-lacing gives me a secure fit, opposed to bar-lacing which tends to give me heel slip. This is of course dependent on foot shape and shoe.

Also, the 1035 naturally has a shallow toe box in comparison to other Viberg last.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jalucan

Reaction score
They look great! How do you like the fit? My 2020 visone halkett really grabs my foot in a good way. I went a half size down and the waist was really tight but has since softened up.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look great! How do you like the fit? My 2020 visone halkett really grabs my foot in a good way. I went a half size down and the waist was really tight but has since softened up.
The waist in the pattern is definitely noticeable more snug than my service boots. My derby boot and shoe in 2020 in 8.5 and 9 have noticeably more waist room than my shelby in 2020 in 8.5 too come to think of it.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.