• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

thewinedown

Reaction score
I like unglazed HB too honestly (and I wish everyday that makers outside Japan will start to use unglazed Shinki.) And I think the name "unglazed TPR" is actually either a mistranslation or a slight misrepresentation. Its just what I've seen some tanneries and makers call it. Truman did a run not long ago and was even calling it "unglazed;" at this point a lot is marketing hyperbole.
“Marketing fluffery” is an actual defensible legal term, actually.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who find it odd that the second model in the black HB Halkett photos is wearing... Black oxfords? Otherwise these look nice. Are all Halketts going to be GYW?
I have the brown ones. 270 GYW 👍

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone here who owns the halkett boots. It’s a casual boot right?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone here who owns the halkett boots. It’s a casual boot right?
Its the more formal choice from Viberg, but on a casual leather you can dress it down.

El_capitanoo

Reaction score
Well Viberg cancelled the unmade sizes of the Brown Comipels. I'm not even surprised at this point.
That's frustrating. Did they say why? I ordered the size 9's a bit over a week ago so I should get them at some point. I do live a whole 3 hours away from Viberg so it takes some time...

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's frustrating. Did they say why? I ordered the size 9's a bit over a week ago so I should get them at some point. I do live a whole 3 hours away from Viberg so it takes some time...
They apparently set some sort of deadline for all halketts to be done with the delayed black comipel run because the factory is so far behind. Since there was only 3 or 4 sizes missing they just decided to cut the whole thing.

El_capitanoo

Reaction score
They apparently set some sort of deadline for all halketts to be done with the delayed black comipel run because the factory is so far behind. Since there was only 3 or 4 sizes missing they just decided to cut the whole thing.
I'm surprised they're bringing back the monthly preorders with how far behind they are.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah the pandemic really affected their operations.I think people forget how small they are. They produce in a year what a lot of these companies do in a week. So if they have to close or if they are understaffed it can cause stuff like that.

thewinedown

Reaction score
They also just told me today that, no, they will no bring back the 145. LOL It's "in the past." I tried, man!

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.