• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather heel & toe stiffeners, midsole, and heel stack, thicker insole & midsole, no canvas gemming, brass nails.

It may be that you don't value any of that, but it puts them in different tiers in terms of construction cost.
Interesting, although despite owning now 6+ pairs of each brand, I can’t say I’ve ever seen or felt any tangible difference. I can see why those details would be appealing though.

Either way, my Marrkt sale Peanut Kudu got their first wear today and they are quickly becoming a favorite pair.
22A7F0E1-AA06-44BF-97E4-B84F8C3A42BC.jpeg

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's true, but the current Alden at least is a classic American dress shoe maker I would say.
No one is arguing what Alden is today. I think Viberg today has more in common with Alden or Trickers than say Nicks.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- the footbeds Alden uses are porous and don’t last as long.
- Commando soles are just single leather outsole with cheap synth rubber half sole and heel lift.
- there is no heel protection like the Roughout leather used in most Vibergs.

An Alden with a double leather or cork outsole is the best though.

as others have stated they’re for different customer segments usually

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one is arguing what Alden is today. I think Viberg today has more in common with Alden or Trickers than say Nicks.
I would agree if we isolate the heritage line, but they're work line is still pretty PNW from what I've heard. I would say Viberg is in a unique spot between fashion and heritage really.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would agree if we isolate the heritage line, but they're work line is still pretty PNW from what I've heard. I would say Viberg is in a unique spot between fashion and heritage really.
I don’t think we need to isolate the heritage line to agree when the heritage line is their dominant business and source of revenue. Their work line is a small and shrinking business.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
has anyone tried the 2020 last and is an E/EE width? whats your sizing advice?

I am a Brannock 11E/EE (right foot closer to EE). My main issue is considerable width across the ball of the foot...the rest of my foot is not especially wide, and I think my heel is relatively slim.

I wear 10.5 in the E fitting 2030 Viberg last - great fit for me.

I fit well into an 11 in the 2020 Viberg last...though they are a wee touch long, but really not bad. I bought the Viberg Mr. P Zabri Suede Derby boots on the 2020 in an 11 and they are quite comfortable and form-fitting in terms of width with dress socks on. (Interestingly - to me anyhow - I also have a pair of Church's Caldecott II suede boots in a UK10 and they are the *identical* length to the Mr. P Vibergs size 11 on the 2020...not even a millimeter in the difference.)

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
I am a Brannock 11E/EE (right foot closer to EE). My main issue is considerable width across the ball of the foot...the rest of my foot is not especially wide, and I think my heel is relatively slim.

I wear 10.5 in the E fitting 2030 Viberg last - great fit for me.

I fit well into an 11 in the 2020 Viberg last...though they are a wee touch long, but really not bad. I bought the Viberg Mr. P Zabri Suede Derby boots on the 2020 in an 11 and they are quite comfortable and form-fitting in terms of width with dress socks on. (Interestingly - to me anyhow - I also have a pair of Church's Caldecott II suede boots in a UK10 and they are the *identical* length to the Mr. P Vibergs size 11 on the 2020...not even a millimeter in the difference.)
Thanks for that! Super helpful

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first pair of Vibergs have arrived from Marrkt. Just a standard brown CXL but to be honest that is exactly what I wanted for my first pair.

They don’t have any faults that I can see so far.

I took a gamble on half down from brannock and they feel great with thin socks and snug with thick so assuming after break in they’ll probably be perfect with thick socks. Feel like they might end up my best fitting boots fingers crossed.

Love them.

1D5C2105-4DF6-4B93-954C-A3BE8EE2B641.jpeg
CA70EF78-68F3-41EC-92C2-F24CE34E09B4.jpeg
CC466F7C-288D-43A8-B9AB-0F1E7257D24B.jpeg

kelpqq

Reaction score
So my Markket pair is here, gotta give DHL credit. Miloh shop brown HB, size 8. Definitely seconds, wonky stitching, and cracked leather... final sale, oh well, wear it with good health... Good luck everyone...

So an update on the situation, Marrkt offered a return/exchange for my rather flawed pair. In case anyone wishes to context their flaw pair. Their CS got a thumbs up from me.

B0F2B385-FD8C-4F17-BF0B-E3159318FE34.jpeg

thewinedown

Reaction score
So an update on the situation, Marrkt offered a return/exchange for my rather flawed pair. In case anyone wishes to context their flaw pair. Their CS got a thumbs up from me.

View attachment 1649173
I meant to ask about the Marrkt sale - how did they calculate the $924 "regular" price for each boot? Doesn't make sense in USD or Canadian, and I don't think that computes to Sterling either. Any ideas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads