• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right and they are still stuck with a lot of stock as a result of their pricing structure.

Does Viberg want to pay to take the stock back?

When Viberg held the NYC sales, they did a good job of clearing the room by the end of the last day.
I believe Marrkt bought the whole stock outright and is selling it as opposed to Viberg being on the hook for these.

zachthespook

Reaction score
I have a sample sale nutmeg kudu (they didn’t say waxed burnished, but maybe the same leather?) on ridgeway. Yours look like they have brass eyelets? Mine has 7 antique eyes of some kind. My first Berg, and I still love that boot.
Yup, it should be the same leather, just a different makeup (brass eyelets and dainite). It’s a great boot!

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe Marrkt bought the whole stock outright and is selling it as opposed to Viberg being on the hook for these.
Hmmm, I thought Marrkt runs a consignment model. That’s a fair amount of principal risk for a consignor to take. Naturally, I don’t know what price they paid for the lot. But still strikes me as an uncharacteristic move.

thewinedown

Reaction score
Hmmm, I thought Marrkt runs a consignment model. That’s a fair amount of principal risk for a consignor to take. Naturally, I don’t know what price they paid for the lot. But still strikes me as an uncharacteristic move.
Maybe, but moving a couple pallets to another continent, through customs…on consignment? You’d probably take a loss.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is more because the owner had a prior relation with Brett, especially through Superdenim while it was still in business. The two have a long history and this was probably Brett's COVID compromise to get a bunch of stuff out.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this is more because the owner had a prior relation with Brett, especially through Superdenim while it was still in business. The two have a long history and this was probably Brett's COVID compromise to get a bunch of stuff out.
It’s also something they’re doing with other brands. They recently sold a bunch of RRL stock from a defunct stockist and also deadstock Burgus Plus.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.