• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ajd578

Reaction score
I reached out to Viberg about the black specifically, and they said it was FG. I have the Anise and it's clearly FG:
View attachment 1644016
But the black looks split (pic from underside of back stay; I couldn't separate the tongue liner at all probably because it's a flesh on flesh glue bond). No grain:
View attachment 1644017
Sure, I assume they would. Either way, it's disappointing that Viberg would use split and FG on two boots that are otherwise exactly the same, and then not have it together to be able to inform customers who inquire.
Heard back from Viberg after sharing the pictures. They maintain that it's full grain suede. Not sure what to make of that - maybe the edges are skived.

Either way, props to Thomas for the quick responses.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WF is having a sale on past seasonal Vibergs

Hisheirness23

Reaction score
Scuffed Color 8's to start off the week! Was noticing how incredible these look while peering out the window at the office. Think these are my favorite Vibergs!
PXL_20210726_213237324.jpg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WF is having a sale on past seasonal Vibergs
Tempted by that country boot style. Anyone find it to fit different than service boot?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the main thing is that there is more vamp and so less adjustment at the instep. If the instep on the last is a good fit for you then it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks!

thewinedown

Reaction score
Any idea when this one was posted? Are they sneak trickling things out again?

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was posted today.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was a return from the first round it seems. That exact makeup and size was on the original shell list and there's not supposed to be any shell from this coming round. Wednesday is just all the SBs that are left over.

nareichert

Reaction score

I don’t think so. They offered me this boot when I bought a few pairs from them last time. I bet they just forgot to list it during he first sale.

Trim Man

Reaction score
It was a return from the first round it seems. That exact makeup and size was on the original shell list and there's not supposed to be any shell from this coming round. Wednesday is just all the SBs that are left over.
That Stitchdown article that was posted over on Reddit stated that there would be shell:

"Upper leather from Horween, C.F. Stead, Maryam, Shinki, Guidi and more will include Chromexcel, kudu, shell cordovan, horsebutt, horsehide, calf, deer, nubuck and good ol’ fashioned cowhide."

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Stitchdown article that was posted over on Reddit stated that there would be shell:

"Upper leather from Horween, C.F. Stead, Maryam, Shinki, Guidi and more will include Chromexcel, kudu, shell cordovan, horsebutt, horsehide, calf, deer, nubuck and good ol’ fashioned cowhide."

The new manifest had no shell on it apparently. I asked about shell and if there were ammunition boots and was told there were neither. Still plenty of good stuff in there and everything that didn't sell in the last round is here which would include one or two pieces of shell in odd sizing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.