• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score

tangential but interesting
Definitely interesting! I love what these guys do, and if anyone has a mind for execution it's Jason. Expecting big things from these guys over time.
That’s where I live! Born and raised. So siked to get these guys in my hometown.

I love the content these guys create, and think what they're doing here is bold. While the new location is still rather far away from me, they'll be a lot closer to me than where they are now. I can say for certain I'll be visiting to do some shopping with them and experiencing what looks like a beautiful area.

While my personal style above the feet is maybe more along the lines of Railcar Fine Goods, Division Road comes up with custom boot makeups with the best of them (Standard & Strange also among those for me). That said, I've been looking more and more at perhaps picking up some clothing from them, but that will likely be start with an in-person visit to tailor for my shorter frame.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait. What's the tl;dr on DR? Are they moving to the South? Are we getting yeehaw ropers instead of shelbys then?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait. What's the tl;dr on DR? Are they moving to the South? Are we getting yeehaw ropers instead of shelbys then?
Duuuuuuddee. I just watched the video ?

moving to Virginia is just the beginning. This is some modern American version/vision of a Holland & Holland hunting expedition ?

1624646674813.jpeg

basically DR will be one piece in the heritage appreciation tour: lodging, boots, wine, food…

I think in that order ?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duuuuuuddee. I just watched the video ?

moving to Virginia is just the beginning. This is some modern American version/vision of a Holland & Holland hunting expedition ?

View attachment 1630315

basically DR will be one piece in the heritage appreciation tour: lodging, boots, wine, food…

I think in that order ?
So.... heritageland the theme park? Is there going to be an MTO/sample sale event where we get wasted with Brett and Guy and try to convince them to bring back the 145 oxford or make a 310 bastion oxford?

thewinedown

Reaction score
Wow I really wished I had not watched that. I mean I always knew on some level that these guys were on the pretentious end but it’s so much worse than I thought. Yikes…
I totally get how that comes across. And to a degree, I agree. But as someone that was born and raised there, I can say a lot of those things they show that look pretentious really aren’t. They’re “nice,” sure. But it’s mostly stuff that everyday folks do here. Wineries for example are not the hoity toity events you think of when you think of Napa. They’re just good spots to go on the weekend for a glass of wine and to sit in a chair. It’s part of the charm of Charlottesville. Great things to see, do, and eat, without much of the pretension. Though I’ll reserve the right to walk some of that back if I am looking at things through rose colored glasses. The area, like all others, isn’t without its flaws.

Off my soap box. Mainly, I’m happy that I’ll have a Viberg stockist nearby to try things out. Pretty nice to have for a small town.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally get how that comes across. And to a degree, I agree. But as someone that was born and raised there, I can say a lot of those things they show that look pretentious really aren’t. They’re “nice,” sure. But it’s mostly stuff that everyday folks do here. Wineries for example are not the hoity toity events you think of when you think of Napa. They’re just good spots to go on the weekend for a glass of wine and to sit in a chair. It’s part of the charm of Charlottesville. Great things to see, do, and eat, without much of the pretension. Though I’ll reserve the right to walk some of that back if I am looking at things through rose colored glasses. The area, like all others, isn’t without its flaws.

Off my soap box. Mainly, I’m happy that I’ll have a Viberg stockist nearby to try things out. Pretty nice to have for a small town.
Oh I get it and I agree with you. That’s part of their story and Charlottesville is the perfect place for it for exactly those reasons. You can sell expensive blue collar heritage luxury clothes to white collar guys who don’t want to feel like they are part of the elite (I’m aware as a white collar guy with a closet full of Alden’s and Vibergs that this is pot-kettle).

Mostly I was objecting to ******** on Seattle, the interjection of politics I don’t agree with, and mocking the raw level of bougieness they are selling wrapped in a down home burlap sack. The end of that video looked like an ad for a 1200 a night Napa time share.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think most people find issue with showing homeless camps and talking about urban decay and lawlessness.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
“Increasing taxes without anything to show for it”? Flying your politics on your sleeve is a risky game for a small business.

It's worked out fine for us, minus a handful of really angry people on IG.

(we give away a good bit of money, some people get mad about it)

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“Increasing taxes without anything to show for it”? Flying your politics on your sleeve is a risky game for a small business.
Politics accounted for or not, it’s a big gamble to reposition your brand as not just a retailer but part of an experience.

My bougie ambitions are self directed generally don’t include tour guides.

so the next year-ish should be the test for viability.

StrangeJeremy

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Politics accounted for or not, it’s a big gamble to reposition your brand as not just a retailer but part of an experience.

My bougie ambitions are self directed generally don’t include tour guides.

so the next year-ish should be the test for viability.

Imagine if you could have a situation where a wide variety of bougie amenities were available all within a reasonable walking distance / short hop on transit / quick drive; and you could self-curate within that environment?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads