• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like DHL finally delivered to @StrangeJeremy !

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The recent .com pre-order specified work shoe butt dark rubber Dublin. S&S does not indicate work shoe butt in the copy.

Are the leathers different? There is a big price difference.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The recent .com pre-order specified work shoe butt dark rubber Dublin. S&S does not indicate work shoe butt in the copy.

Are the leathers different? There is a big price difference.
This is the normal dublin so its cowhide here.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah ok. Thanks. That probably accounts for the price difference. The S&S boots look great. The .com boots should be very special, assuming there are no f ups.

ajd578

Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kudu
Beaver Fur
Mountain Ram
Unicorn
Crazy horse
Dearborn
Bullhide
Camel

Let's just stop using animal names as color/tannage names. Although I guess unicorn is okay.
Unicorn should be metallic finished horsehide/butt.
Kudu is an antelope though, so that one makes sense as is bullhide being a bull and camel being actual camel right?

ajd578

Reaction score
Kudu is an antelope though, so that one makes sense as is bullhide being a bull and camel being actual camel right?
"Shinki Camel Latigo Horsehide" isn't camel, Horween's "kudu" isn't antelope, and (I think) bullhide is typically just shrunken grain cowhide.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score

Kudu
Beaver Fur
Mountain Ram
Unicorn
Crazy horse
Dearborn
Bullhide
Camel

Let's just stop using animal names as color/tannage names. Although I guess unicorn is okay.
Kudu: It's only confusing when Alden uses it.

Beaver fur: Really? They looked at the color and the first thing that came to mind is beaver fur? It hasn't been since the 70's that beavers were furry enough to easily characterize their color.

Bah-dum...tsssss.

I'll be here all weekend.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Shinki Camel Latigo Horsehide" isn't camel, Horween's "kudu" isn't antelope, and (I think) bullhide is typically just shrunken grain cowhide.
Viberg uses CF Stead kudu and not horween kudu though. Alden uses horween Kudu in the 404 Indy and probably a few other models. I agree though they should call all the Shinki colors by their number on the official chart.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I have some Trickers in Unicorn and DR makes it clear that this is CF Stead aniline dyed Scandinavian Elk hide. It feels way too soft and pliable for any horsehide I'm familiar with.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.