• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But why? Having the outside/inside not match actually seems worse than all eyes or eyes/hooks lol
giphy.gif

Sdig14

Reaction score
I'm glad I got the Miloh dark brown waxed flesh, can't wait till they come in! Can't remember if they have gusseted tongues or not, doesn't say on the old listing on the website, but at least they're on ridgeway with 9 eyelets (though I got the tan latigo off .com with 5+4 and I'm not hating that either).

Want to wear them in the mountains near me and beat them up a bit camping.

mcdyess

Reaction score
I'm glad I got the Miloh dark brown waxed flesh, can't wait till they come in! Can't remember if they have gusseted tongues or not, doesn't say on the old listing on the website, but at least they're on ridgeway with 9 eyelets (though I got the tan latigo off .com with 5+4 and I'm not hating that either).

Want to wear them in the mountains near me and beat them up a bit camping.
I got my pair from the first run. They have gusseted tongues.

Sdig14

Reaction score
I got my pair from the first run. They have gusseted tongues.
How you liking them so far? Any pictures?

I missed out on the first run but at least got in on the preorder! I imagine they'll be in by the time it's peak summer heat! ?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1609376
I'll let Chris Warren know this is how you want your next pair of customs bro
unless you are super talented at photoshop, how does this even work with having speed hooks only on one side????

Also on your 5+2+1 example what is the point of a speed hook if an eyelet follows it? It's no longer "speedy" if you then need to feed the lace through an eyelet, though I know most people will never do that, just makes no sense!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unless you are super talented at photoshop, how does this even work with having speed hooks only on one side????

Also on your 5+2+1 example what is the point of a speed hook if an eyelet follows it? It's no longer "speedy" if you then need to feed the lace through an eyelet, though I know most people will never do that, just makes no sense!
The boot with speedhooks only on one side is genuine. Its in the factory 2nds page for sale right now for Wesco.

The top eyelet allows for a better lock when you tie. The speedhooks get you to the top most eyelet faster and you only really do/undo that one eyelet. Its a logger boot thing AFAIK

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to see someone wearing those seconds in the wild and see how they lace them up.

As for the 5+2+1, makes sense from a functional standpoint if you wear boots with that set-up for a particular functional/work reason and not as everyday/fashionable wear.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to see someone wearing those seconds in the wild and see how they lace them up.

As for the 5+2+1, makes sense from a functional standpoint if you wear boots with that set-up for a particular functional/work reason and not as everyday/fashionable wear.
I don't use the top most eyelet, but mostly because the laces I threw on aren't long enough haha

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't use the top most eyelet, but mostly because the laces I threw on aren't long enough haha
I'm the exact opposite, my one pair I don't use the top speed hook because the laces are too long, so after the second speed hook I loop the laces around the back of the boot before tying them to take up some slack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads