• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1620939657987.png

I'll let Chris Warren know this is how you want your next pair of customs bro

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I'm normally fine with speedhooks but man does it look silly only having two sets of speedhooks. Like just do all eyes at that point...
Yeah speedhooks on a 7 eyelet makeup just look goofy
8 eyelets is best number of eyelets. But 6+2 is a mistake. It'd be better if they copied the logger(?) lace system where it had one eyelet at the top at least for a 4+2+1 or 5+2+1 View attachment 1609341
Why not 5+3, seems standard from other makers

In the interest of full disclosure, I had a moment of weakness and put in a MTO with Carmina for a pair with 2 sets of hooks. To my credit, realizing this was perhaps a poor decision, I made an effort to switch back to either the standard hook arrangement or all eyelets but my request was denied (too late). So I'm just gonna roll with it, lol.

Glad to hear y'all agree that was a boneheaded move. ? ? ?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But why is one boot all eyes and the other mostly hooks? So many questions
That's why its so good! And probably why I got that pic from the discounted section haha

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the interest of full disclosure, I had a moment of weakness and put in a MTO with Carmina for a pair with 2 sets of hooks. To my credit, realizing this was perhaps a poor decision, I made an effort to switch back to either the standard hook arrangement or all eyelets but my request was denied (too late). So I'm just gonna roll with it, lol.

Glad to hear y'all agree that was a boneheaded move. ? ? ?
Please tell us it was a short boot at least ???

Turns31

Reaction score
I got the natural WF ones. I agree the 6 + 2 hardware combo is weird to look at. I'll probably get the top 2 swapped to eyes at some point. I know I'm in the minority but I actually prefer non-gusseted tongues. I'm not wading through creeks and Vibergs seem to stay in place better than all the other brands.

mattw

Reaction score
When I get off my butt I'm going to have my 8 eyelet service boots redone to 6 + 2, because I've been unlacing the top two eyelets for forever now and it'll make life so much easier.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Please tell us it was a short boot at least ???

It's my wingtip boot order that we talked about a while ago - they're mid height, not one of the high boot models. I don't care what you rat bastards have to say they're gonna be awesome even if I screwed up the eyelet arrangement. To be fair, my thinking at the time was that it'd be much cooler to have more of the all eyelet look below the cuff without the lacing nuisance of ehhhh, 8 (?) eyelets I think in this case.

EDIT: oops, it'll be 5+2 not 6+2.

But as I mentioned, shortly after submitting the order I was like....

But then... well... I think Carmina is onto me with my exasperating history of mid-flight order changes and I got frozen out. I'm totally at peace with it though. LOL

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's my wingtip boot order that we talked about a while ago - they're mid height, not one of the high boot models. I don't care what you rat bastards have to say they're gonna be awesome even if I screwed up the eyelet arrangement. To be fair, my thinking at the time was that it'd be much cooler to have more of the all eyelet look below the cuff without the lacing nuisance of ehhhh, 8 (?) eyelets I think in this case.

But then... well... I think Carmina is onto me with my exasperating history of mid-flight order changes and I got frozen out. I'm totally at peace with it though. LOL

Nah they'll be good. Won't see them under pants and they'll be evenly spaced unlike the photo above

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I mean, I don't cuff high normally except one specific pair of denim. Most people won't be able to see the difference anyways. I just think if you're going for hooks you may as well go all in and do 3 or 4.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I mean, I don't cuff high normally except one specific pair of denim. Most people won't be able to see the difference anyways. I just think if you're going for hooks you may as well go all in and do 3 or 4.

Agree. It does look a bit strange on the Vibergs. Easy enough to fix, I suppose.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. It does look a bit strange on the Vibergs. Easy enough to fix, I suppose.
Thursday is the brand that uses 2 speed hooks. I can't think of any other GYW/Stitchdown brands that do only 2 hooks.
Edit: Truman does too nvm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads