• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, no one has gotten shipping notifications on the Racer boot right? Are all preorders on the same timeline or is it just shell that's about 6-7 months back?

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in what ways did they stretch? I have had kudu derbies before too, the lacing area stretched and the lacing opening got closer with time but the shoe itself always fit them same, like the footbed or last of the shoe didnt feel any larger with time.
Part of it was my fault, I sided down an extra .5 and went with EE instead of E and the result was a pair that was a touch loose even before they stretched. The first wear was ok but by anoint the 3rd or 4th, there was bad heel slipping and it just got worse from there. It was like the cup of the heel just relaxed too much and they wouldn’t stay on even after I tried inserts. I also had stretching on the lacing area, probably from trying to get them tighter to make up for being oversized.

It’s possible that this was also construction to blame, but the leather, while thick, was pretty soft and flexible right out of the box and didn’t seem to want to hold it’s shape.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status on mushrooms that some of ordered 6 months ago.
Oh, ask Viberg their status. They're at a 6-7 month pre-order to delivery cycle anyways so they may not be done yet, but should be soon. Reach Kevin ain't easy, but you can try that too.

orionz06

Reaction score
Oh, ask Viberg their status. They're at a 6-7 month pre-order to delivery cycle anyways so they may not be done yet, but should be soon. Reach Kevin ain't easy, but you can try that too.
Ahh, perfect. That knowledge is enough for me. Not like I don't have like three other pairs that haven't seen anything other than carpet yet anyway.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ahh, perfect. That knowledge is enough for me. Not like I don't have like three other pairs that haven't seen anything other than carpet yet anyway.
Mine have seen carpet AND hardwood!

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
heres some of the water spotting on my color 4 shinkis after 1 day in heavy rain/puddles. bit disappointing that the leather is so suseptible to water. its like it absorbs water and then never dries visually

View attachment 1590631View attachment 1590633
I am thinking that that’s a combination of their tanning process and vegetable tanning in general.

the only Shinki leather I own that hasn’t done this is their Latigo which combination tanned.

most people just recommend getting the whole wet to normalize the color.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exactly. Just spray them down for a nice even color 5.
But what if I want a color 3?!

Also YIL (since I learned this yesterday and not today) that Color 2 and Garnet are different colors for Horween. Also it's 25$* to put a print on a shell which confuses me as to why embossed shell is so rare. (Willow and scotch grain may be a bit more, the lady said if I was interested she would get the exact price, but russian and hatchgrain are 25.)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.