1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

For Viberg, I agree - boot socks make a lot of sense with these service boots. For "dress boots," thin socks work well.

2. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Bumping this. Anyone know?

3. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

4. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

5. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

Great looking boots! I don't know Viberg but those look pretty sweet. More info on them please.

6. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

7. westie187

westie187 Senior member

I am stoked. These look awesome! Can't wait.

8. neelp3

neelp3 Senior member

Have emailed Viberg last week for some info on the Essex tan leather service boots, but have yet to hear back.

My size in Allen Edmonds Dalton is 7.5E, Alden barrie last is 7D and Alden Trubalance is 6.5D.

So I'm assuming that 7D would be the best fit for me, I have a wide / flat foot.

I'm wondering how dark the Essex Tan color get over time. I have a leather strap made from Hermann Oak Veg tanned leather and it has turned into a very nice darkish brown color after a few months of wear and a bit of oil added. I'm wondering if this will turn similarly.

Similar to the color shown here: http://static.squarespace.com/static/52e590f1e4b0b788a31198f2/t/52e59e8ee4b06bec4dd80d17/1390780046627/agingcopy-1.jpg?format=500w

Any guidance would be great!

9. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Can anyone post a pic of the Chicago Tan Latigo scout boot?

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

If anyone gets a 9.5 in the new wax flesh and finds it doesn't fit, I'm your huckleberry...

11. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Senior member

I'll keep that in mind upon receival. Im quite optimistic it will work out though [​IMG]

12. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Please do keep me in mind. Regretting I didn't order a pair of these. I was waiting on a pair of Alden Roy boots, which would have filled the spot I needed filled, but they turned out not to fit right. So am still in the hunt...

13. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior member

I also ordered a 9.5. I'll keep you in mind.

14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Has anyone ordered a half size smaller than another pair they already own? I'm curious how much difference there is in vamp height, width, length.

I will likely stick to the same size to be safe and use thicker socks and an insert.

15. zippy7

zippy7 Member

I'll take an 8 or 8.5 (equivalent of a Barrie 8.5) off the hands of anyone who wants to part with them. I missed the order by a couple of days.

16. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Guys I love to see some of the natural roughout boondockers being worn. I think i am getting a pair when they restock next week.

17. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Cheers!

18. jpbarrett

jpbarrett Member

What are everyone's thoughts on the Scout boot and 145 Oxford that Up There Store did? Just in case the pics don't work- http://www.uptherestore.com/blog/uptherestore/2014/05/there-x-viberg-boots-foot

[ATTACHMENT=9110]viberg_boots_x_up_there_on_foot_35_0.jpg (42k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
    [ATTACHMENT=9111]viberg_boots_x_up_there_on_foot_57.jpg (32k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
    [ATTACHMENT=9112]viberg_boots_x_up_there_on_foot_64.jpg (44k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

19. Dpalaghiuc

Dpalaghiuc Active Member

Different combinations of leathers or roughouts on any shoe or boot is not aesthetically pleasing to me.
    It’s a great quality shoe and it does look nice, I wouldn’t wear it.

This is just my personal preference.

1 person likes this.
  20. titsmcgee852

titsmcgee852 Senior member