• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score

Guy, welcome back and thanks for the insight!

Any chance you can recommend a shoe tree for the 2030 last? Or any chance Viberg will start manufacturing their own?

Ah, sorry i meant to get back to you about this. To be honest, i don't own a single set of shoe trees and i never have. We've done some preliminary research on manufacturing our own, but it doesn't seem particularly cost effective especially considering how many unique lasts we have. We'll definitely keep exploring this option though and i'll keep you guys in the loop. I've heard from some customers that Alden's shoe tree worked alright in the 2030 and i believe last time we were at Leffot they mentioned their's was an adequate fit as well, but don't don't quote me on that.

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy, thanks for being so helpful the other day while you were traveling. I didn't even realize you guys were out of the country. Beyond the questions we were discussing in the email about the Essex leather (and other things), I was just curious about the fact that I guess Viberg has said that you all can't get Chromepak at all any more.

Was that just referring to that olive color you used for 3sixteen, or did Horween discontinue the natural Chromepak as well? Quoddy and Rancourt still seem to use it, I'd be curious if that's going away, or whether that is a leather you guys might work with in the future.

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
Guy, welcome back and thanks for the insight!

Any chance you can recommend a shoe tree for the 2030 last? Or any chance Viberg will start manufacturing their own?
I recently bought Woodlore shoe trees and they fit excellently in my Viberg x 3Sixteen service boots. My pair is a size 9.5 and the shoe tree is a size M. The same size fits really well for my pair of Alden Indy 403 boots.

I bought a size L shoe tree from Allen Edmonds as well, but it's toe box is much bulkier than Woodlore's. This made it a good fit for other shoes I own, but not for Viberg's 2030 last of Alden's Trubalance last. I also have a size L from Woodlore on the way, but I think it'll be too big for my pair, and so I'll use it in other shoes.

Hope that helps!

Sombrero

Reaction score
I've been breaking in my Service Boots from Leffot that arrived this
past Friday. About as solid as they come and oh so pretty.

As a side note, I can roll with the derby price, but will have to wait
to see what options arise on viberg.com. Excited to see what's in store.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I can say, is after my third day of breaking these bad boys in (Brown Chromexcel Service Boots) I like them even more than I did the first day I got them. Man these are some great looking, hard wearing, well crafted Boots.

Diabolical

Reaction score
I received the Boondockers on Friday. They are on the 2045 last with an unstructured toe.

Diabolical

Reaction score

I love those and can't stand that my size was sold out. I gotta be ready the next time they show up. So how do you like them.

They're great, I wasn't sure how I would feel about the 2045 last but they look great in person. I sized the same as the 2030 and the fit is good. Not as snug as the 2030 but not sloppy loose either, fits similar to Alden's Trubalance.

Chop Chop

Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully made it past the blister phase, if you had blisters at all?

The fit on my service boots feels perfect. Left foot = no issues. Right foot = huge blood blister.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever successfully made it past the blister phase, if you had blisters at all?

The fit on my service boots feels perfect. Left foot = no issues. Right foot = :
I'd say combine wearing the boots for shorter periods of time and using moleskin on the hot spots.
It can take time to make these kind of boots your own, don't rush it.
Also, wear only socks with at least 70% wool content (merino or other high quality), they handle sweat and stink much better than anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads