1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

The color reminds me chef boyardee

[​IMG]

2. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Don't. Feed. The. Troll.

3. Omert4

Omert4 Senior member

Seriously? Just because a color reminds me of something it means I am trolling? Am I suppose to like every color I see?

I feel sorry for those that buy these bandy boots for $1000 when they can just wait for color 8 and it will be much more versatile. The CXL in color 8 is a better option once they are in stock.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  4. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Do you mean shell color 8? Have you seen what they look like in sunlight? Very red, thus less versatile than I thought. Surprised me. Brandy for me will be more versatile.

5. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I wasn't too impressed with their look in direct sun. I can post a pic if you're curious.

6. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Everyone has their own opinion of versatility. Let's just all play nice.

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Glad to know we have your sympathy, thanks. Some of us own more than one pair of shell shoes. It is theoretically possible to own something in #8 and brandy

8. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

The Brandy will sell out super quickly, it's going to be a very similar color to the Ravello or Whiskey colors Alden uses. I would be surprised if pre orders make it past a half hour. Of course, natural shells stayed unsold for 6 months so it can be screwy. Still waiting for them to arrive in the states.

9. Joona

Joona Senior member

While I don't get Omert4's problem with brandy, #8 is more versatile color for me too. That being said, I would have tried to snag the brandy service boot if they would have made it a plain toe version.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  10. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

#8 is definitely the more versatile color. I can't see how we could argue that one. I just think members were shocked to hear that someone didn't like Brandy shell.

11. Dpalaghiuc

Dpalaghiuc Active Member

The color shades (especially the lighter shades of cordovan) change significantly and sometimes unflattering in different lighting.
    Below is the same Natural Shell cordovan service boots I own. See my profile pics of the same boots they look different.
    [​IMG]
    IMHO Brandy will look amazing but you know what they say about opinions?

Picture is not mine (sorry would give credit if i remember where i got it from) but it gives you an idea on the different shades in good lighting.
    [​IMG]

12. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

^More pics! You're the only one here with the. In the wild so far, I'd love to see more of how they've gotten. Also, still curious what the tongue is. 14oz said calfskin, but your pic doesn't look like calf at all, looks more like CXL.

As for the darkening, that's what I love about light shell (or any leather) . It's unpredictable, and not for everyone, but it just makes the boots so personalized over time. Brandy should do that too. I agree with Joona, though, that plain toe would be awesome.

13. Dpalaghiuc

Dpalaghiuc Active Member

The tongue is calf skin but that shouldn't detour you buying the boots.
    Paid $1500 for them, shipping, proxy fee etc,no buyers remorse at all.

Cant take pics right now, perhaps in a few months, hopefully the #8 cordovan service boots come in before then.

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Does Viberg use the postal service to ship to the US? Any duty or brokerage fees involved?

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Never mind. Saw that that they use Canada Post. Which then I assume would be transferred to the USPS. So I'd hope no brokerage fees then.

16. Dpalaghiuc

Dpalaghiuc Active Member

No brokerage fees when buying directly from Viberg.
    Purchased the Natural Shell Cordavan service boots from 14 oz. Berlin, they do not ship directly to the US.

14 oz ship to a proxy that lives in the EU proxy then shipped to me.
    I dont remember all the fees and such it wasnt a big deal to me but again expect to pay 20% when dealing with overseas retailers.

17. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Always do your own brokerage; it takes a little longer and involves a bit of travel between the courier and government tariff offices, but you can save serious dollars this way.
    I've never had a courier company refuse to do this, even after there has been a delivery attempt when I wasn't at home.

18. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Not my favorite thing when it comes to light shell, as I really prefer the lighter color. But then again it is what it is.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  19. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Senior member

20. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Not for Viberg.com

I think Bread and Butter will restock; they sold out of the natural shell pretty quickly.

I wish Viberg would restock their black shell. Eager to get a pair and unload my (badass) black CXL.