• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tabasco.cheesecake

Reaction score
1017.jpg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the color 4 shinki sold out/was closed. Hope everyone who wanted in got in.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like the color 4 shinki sold out/was closed. Hope everyone who wanted in got in.
I wanted to get in, considered it many times, did have it in the cart for a number of days but eventually held back due to no speed hooks.
For my size 13 feet I will probably need to get the laces out from first two or three eyelets to get the foot in and I am too lazy for that.
Hopefully they will run it again in some time but with speedhooks.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to get in, considered it many times, did have it in the cart for a number of days but eventually held back due to no speed hooks.
For my size 13 feet I will probably need to get the laces out from first two or three eyelets to get the foot in and I am too lazy for that.
You could have swapped em, but yeah that'd be rough. I think speedhooks look better on the 5+4 over converting the 7 eyes to like a 5+2

kelpqq

Reaction score

To get around that you can always use the skinny round laces that AE carries or stock Viberg laces that come with 8/9 eyelet boots, since the laces are skinny, you can simply pull the facing of the boot apart with your hand, it's almost as good as speed hooks, i used this on a 7 eyelet service boots and kind of dig the round laces look.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could have swapped em, but yeah that'd be rough. I think speedhooks look better on the 5+4 over converting the 7 eyes to like a 5+2
Yes I could get them swapped. However being in Asia (Singapore) does not help with international shipping times and costs and I have not yet found a local cobbler who can do that for me here.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To get around that you can always use the skinny round laces that AE carries or stock Viberg laces that come with 8/9 eyelet boots, since the laces are skinny, you can simply pull the facing of the boot apart with your hand, it's almost as good as speed hooks, i used this on a 7 eyelet service boots and kind of dig the round laces look.
I prefer round laces too, the twisting on the flat ones do not help my mild OCD and I spend a few minutes every morning untwisting them and making sure they stay that way. It's only a matter of time that the flat ones get changed for round ones. All my other boots are now on round laces and the Vibergs will follow that route shortly.
Using longer laces than necessary also means that after tying the boots there is a lot of lace hanging out of the pant leg, which I don't prefer.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer round laces too, the twisting on the flat ones do not help my mild OCD and I spend a few minutes every morning untwisting them and making sure they stay that way. It's only a matter of time that the flat ones get changed for round ones. All my other boots are now on round laces and the Vibergs will follow that route shortly.
Using longer laces than necessary also means that after tying the boots there is a lot of lace hanging out of the pant leg, which I don't prefer.
It's absolutely normal to spend part of your day making sure the laces are straight.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like round laces, it's too hard to tell whether they're straight.

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
Congrats! Just had my first kid 7 weeks ago. After 3 hours at the hospital for labor induction, I changed out of my nice boots/clothes and stayed in tshirts/sweatpants/flip flops for the next 3 days. Comfort is king. ?

Thanks! Did the exact same thing. Packed like I was going to be in a Rogue Territory ad, and two hours in, it was like “nah. Sweats it is.”

I hope so! 1035 last is pretty comfy but I can't imagine giving birth in boots!

My man. I did not stick boots on my pregnant wife during labor. I couldn’t get her to agree to the product placement.

No doubt, but you’re not hiking 7-8 miles scaling rocks and **** are you?

Is the Dainite sales pitch not “You ready to scramble some rocks, motherfucker?”

This is the most important question I have ever asked y'all.

To kilty or not to kilty, and if to kilty dark brown or black laces?

View attachment 1566055

How are you going to casually slip the Taylor Stitch package into the frame with the logos facing outward on purpose and not show off what you got?

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads