• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
I was curious about the Viberg Service Boot in 1071 Rovescio Sego Roughout, so I asked Viberg for any information they could give me about the hide before ordering. They're Maryam horsebutt. In their answer they said it's vegetable tanned on the flesh side (reverse side) of the hide for a lot of natural variation in the leather. Some shell and rougher parts of the leather are exposed in the process "creating a super unique look from boot to boot."

Sold. I got these last month and I love them. Of all the boots I've got, these change the most under different lighting colors and intensities, but they're always interesting. I have no idea what specifically to expect in terms of patina, but I have high expectations.

View attachment 1563830

View attachment 1563829

View attachment 1563831

View attachment 1563836

I've been very busy at work so haven't been posting here, Instagram, or anywhere else the past couple of months. As far as boot activity, I have some Flame Panda boots that should be completed in the not too distant future. I had to get in on the preorder for the Viberg Service Boot Colour 4 Oiled Horsebutt (arriving May-ish). I picked up the Division Road × Tricker's Tramping Boots in Color 8 Horween Dublin during DR's Boxing Day Sale. I've loved the Dublin on those DR × Tricker's enough that I had to pick up the Viberg Spice Dublin Service Boots (1035) which are on the way.

I hope you're all safe and healthy.
Did you ever post any photos of the Color 8 Trickers on that thread? I'd love to see them.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
I was curious about the Viberg Service Boot in 1071 Rovescio Sego Roughout, so I asked Viberg for any information they could give me about the hide before ordering. They're Maryam horsebutt. In their answer they said it's vegetable tanned on the flesh side (reverse side) of the hide for a lot of natural variation in the leather. Some shell and rougher parts of the leather are exposed in the process "creating a super unique look from boot to boot."

Sold. I got these last month and I love them. Of all the boots I've got, these change the most under different lighting colors and intensities, but they're always interesting. I have no idea what specifically to expect in terms of patina, but I have high expectations.

View attachment 1563830

View attachment 1563829

View attachment 1563831

View attachment 1563836

I've been very busy at work so haven't been posting here, Instagram, or anywhere else the past couple of months. As far as boot activity, I have some Flame Panda boots that should be completed in the not too distant future. I had to get in on the preorder for the Viberg Service Boot Colour 4 Oiled Horsebutt (arriving May-ish). I picked up the Division Road × Tricker's Tramping Boots in Color 8 Horween Dublin during DR's Boxing Day Sale. I've loved the Dublin on those DR × Tricker's enough that I had to pick up the Viberg Spice Dublin Service Boots (1035) which are on the way.

Interested in seeing how these develop.

Sdig14

Reaction score

View attachment 1563830

View attachment 1563829

View attachment 1563831

View attachment 1563836

I used the 1071 horsebutt on my pair of Onderhouds and am loving the leather after a couple months so far, getting about 2 wears a week right now. Aging really well, like the Maryam horsebutt. Didn't do the roughout but the leather is awesome.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1563830

View attachment 1563829

View attachment 1563831

View attachment 1563836

Nice 👍

I inquired before purchasing myself. I was told that talc was used in the tanning process. Not sure if that’s true but they do feel smooth like the saying states 😂

Crizzlelovesyou

Reaction score
Anyone know when Viberg switched to foam from leather stack for miniripple? Anyone try both?

Sdig14

Reaction score
Just some quick pics out of the box of the Shink Tan Latigo Horsehide. Lots of cool grain on these that don't seem to show on the website stock photos. They're pretty much true tan, not too yellow and not too orange. Though think they'll likely patina bit darker and even less yellow.

Took a pic next to my natural CXL with about 20 wears for reference.

Sorry, not a photographer, ha.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Anyone know when Viberg switched to foam from leather stack for miniripple? Anyone try both?
I love the mini ripple. Foam and leather are both comfortable, but the leather stack is definitely more rigid IMO. Once broken in, it’s not as rigid. The foam wasn’t right at all. Aesthetics-wise, I’d go with the leather each time.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.2%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 14.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 71 33.8%