• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TennesseeWill

Reaction score
Time for a Viberg-adjacent post.

I’ve been scouring the internet for months to snag a pair of the DR black horsebutt side-zips in a 9.5. Upon realizing my chances of doing so
are as good as the Titans winning a Super Bowl (read: never), I picked up a pair of the Lucchese Jonah side-zip in black suede.

Loving the Vibram 705 half-sole on my Viberg CXL 2050s and hating plain leather soles (I’m not trying to slip and **** up my nuts), I had my man Steve at Bedo’s recreate what’s on the DR pair.

He did a great job, and I’ve gotta say, these fit and feel like the other Viberg 2050 pairs I have; maybe a touch snugger.

Had Brett not said they’re scaling back one-off pairs, I might have held off. As is, super happy with these.

E18CB0EE-E74C-4306-BC56-FA60A642380A.jpeg

E4E45078-25AE-4AB3-B005-69C36592B6B0.jpeg

368944C1-DC71-47A6-864D-267258CE2917.jpeg

F846808C-D77E-4D16-BC9F-479224177185.jpeg

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time for a Viberg-adjacent post.

I’ve been scouring the internet for months to snag a pair of the DR black horsebutt side-zips in a 9.5. Upon realizing my chances of doing so
are as good as the Titans winning a Super Bowl (read: never), I picked up a pair of the Lucchese Jonah side-zip in black suede.

Loving the Vibram 705 half-sole on my Viberg CXL 2050s and hating plain leather soles (I’m not trying to slip and **** up my nuts), I had my man Steve at Bedo’s recreate what’s on the DR pair.

He did a great job, and I’ve gotta say, these fit and feel like the other Viberg 2050 pairs I have; maybe a touch snugger.

Had Brett not said they’re scaling back one-off pairs, I might have held off. As is, super happy with these.

View attachment 1561987
View attachment 1561988
View attachment 1561989
View attachment 1561990
Man they turned out great! How did you size the Jonah?

Sschaffer24

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures on how the Standard & Strange Vintage Mocha boots patina? I've seen some of the mocha vintage after some age, but I know it's not the same leather. Curious!

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

barlos

Reaction score
@TennesseeWill do the Lucchese ever go on sale? I've been looking for a black side-zip boot but the price is… a couple hundreds more than I'd like.

I bought a pair from Neiman Marcus. Used a discount code from signing up for their emails. Made the purchase during a "spend x and get a gift card for y" promotion, then sold the gift card. Also went through a cash back portal and got something crazy like 15% cash back. After all that nonsense I think I spent less than $500. Not sure if NM even carries them anymore. Boots were shipped directly from Lucchese, took them maybe two months to make them. Went TTS, luckily they fit.

I think Snake Oil Provisions carries them. There's a 10% off coupon for signing up for their emails, not sure if it applies to Lucchese.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks gents, order placed.

just standard black chromexcel i believe
It's definitely struck through, I think those are the stealth service boots right? I think the original version was standard teacore with painted edges.
Struck through is grey core right? Black cxl is either the brown core or struck through grey core yeah?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads