• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
I really like these and was always hoping Himel would bring em back, or I would end up having to MTO them. I've got a pair of winter smoke SBs from cultizm and some white's stevens on the way, but absolutely would throw my wallet into a dumpster fire for a pair of these as well....
Damn that’s too bad. The seconds seems like a very small gamble as most of the time I see questions about issues that seem inconsequential but every now and then....you know...the trim is the wrong color. So there’s that

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s too bad. The seconds seems like a very small gamble as most of the time I see questions about issues that seem inconsequential but every now and then....you know...the trim is the wrong color. So there’s that
I mean I own seconds from Thursday and Alden, I'd be down to give Viberg seconds a go as well honestly.

2055 is a Munson last

Right cause 2045 is also, and 2055 is just 2045 with no bumptoe. I always forget that.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I've been in a bit of a roughout mood of late. I kept going back to Rivet & Hide's website to look at their Viberg Tobacco Reverse Chamois cap toe makeup in 1035. Then I saw @caffed's photos of his pair here and on Instagram, and that pushed me over the edge.

It's a beautiful pair of boots. And while I don't pick up boots to elicit "Nice boots!" comments from others, I'm always tickled when they happen, and this makeup immediately sparked several of those. I think the big, shiny brass eyelets against the dark, matte-ish roughout draw some of the attention.

Of course, 1035 doesn't cut as graceful a profile as 2030 -- it's rounder and fuller all-around than 2030. Even 2045 seems more svelte in the heel to me. With this hide and color, though -- and helped further along by the commando soles and antique midsoles -- 1035 gives this makeup quite a rugged bearing for a boot of this type.

Nice boots!

DSCF8164.jpg

DSCF8133.jpg
DSCF8177.jpg

Last edited:

alpenglowing

Reaction score
For GYW vs stitch down, is there a size difference?

I wear the same size in GYW and stitchdown, which both fit very similarly. I have found the type of leather and toe structure play a bigger role in terms of fit. Structured toes feel marginally larger than unstructured toes (though not enough to affect sizing), and CXL fits larger than shell cordovan for instance (also not enough to affect sizing).

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
For GYW vs stitch down, is there a size difference?
More leather/pattern dependent than SD vs GYW for me.

Based on my experience, I'd agree with @Meelypops. I have two Goodyear-welted 2030 roughout Scouts (one chamois one latigo), and a slew of stitchdown 2030 boots. My Shinki teacore horsebutt service boots are one of my snugger service boots, comfortable with Darn Tough standard cushion socks, but most comfortable with Darn Tough light cushion socks. All of my other 2030 service boots are best with standard cushion socks, but there are small variations in fit between those pairs. One of the Goodyear-welted Scouts is best with light cushion socks, and the other is best with standard cushion socks.

I'm the same size in all of them.

So, yeah, what @Meelypops and @alpenglowing said.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And another deal: https://www.gerhardsupply.com/viberg
20% off, comes out pretty close to the cultizm sale, but it ships from Canada instead of Germany.

They list their winter smoke calf SBs as 2020, but everywhere else has em as 2030. Could it be a typo?

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like 2030
I think it is too, but it kinda would have been cool on 2020 also since it is a psuedo dressy leather I think. I'm gonna wear my pair to the office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads