• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look so much better without the wedge sole. I probably would have gotten a pair if they were on dainite.

Thanks! I'm not anti-wedge sole as I like them when I see others with them, they simply don't fit my style of dress. As such, I knew when I purchased them that I would swap them out (I even reached out to Viberg and asked them to make the change before shipping them to me, ha). The hardest part was due to my lack of knowing that shell needs to be broken in before doing a resole. I had to wear them (again, while walking the dog) for a few months before sending them back. By the time I received them, boot season was over. Really looking forward to integrating these in my rotation this season.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oiled Mocha Rowdy Horsebutt after ~30 wears in ~15 months:

20201121_vibergs.jpg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
This is the .com makeup from ~2014-15 I believe. I had the snuff kudu version sometime back. View attachment 1501427

Certainly seems to be the boot. Seller said the boot was originally purchased from a Viberg sample sale. In any case, I was really excited to find an unworn pair in my size, especially on the 1035 (and the price).

IMG_9935.jpg

IMG_9939.jpg

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Really wish I got these. Anyone stock a two tone scout? Only one I see is Division Road and my size is out (11).

I remember seeing those but failed to commit. I've also been looking for something that evokes even some of the spirit of it. The makeup I found that I actually like quite a bit (but that isn't Viberg) is this one by Franklin & Poe × White's:

1605987748524.png

They call it the Black & Tan, and it's natural and black CXL. I was there looking at an olive waxed flesh White's and then saw these. It's tempting me.

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you zip boot fans

It just seems overkill. They put it on Vibram 1276 too which is just too much sole for 99.99% of the population. I am going to recommend these to anyone asking for what to replace their docs or solovairs with though.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone have any pics of how color 6 and 16 age?

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It just seems overkill. They put it on Vibram 1276 too which is just too much sole for 99.99% of the population. I am going to recommend these to anyone asking for what to replace their docs or solovairs with though.
Also that zipper ?...

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean it does serve a function. Lace them up to your desired snugness and then you can take them on/off with ease. Work boots sell zipper false tongues for just that.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
I mean it does serve a function. Lace them up to your desired snugness and then you can take them on/off with ease. Work boots sell zipper false tongues for just that.
These brands have an obsession with riri zips.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I know. I think I am just not that into zippers and laces. But that’s just my personal style. I do like a murdered out boot though ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads