• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The flesh side of the flap on my Dublin backpack looks and feels rather like a tight-nap waxed flesh. @caffed, do you have any waxed flesh boots? If so, did you feel the Dublin was less breathable or similarly breathable as waxed flesh?
I have something similar to waxed flesh but not quite. It's not like a latex rain jacket, rather just enough to be noticeable. From what I remember I can describe it as it felt like the combination of the Dublin tanning process couple with the waxed top coat made it feel like pores were more closed off than other leathers. I bet with extended use they would normalize.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone other than @JoeRogan receive a shipping notice on the C-2 boots? I rarely complain but Viberg CS is pretty bad. Reached out to them on Wednesday and they indicated that I should get a shipping notice Thursday or Friday. Still haven't gotten anything and now they don't respond at all.

Maybe this is SOP for them but it seems reasonable to expect the courtesy of a response when inquiring about your $1,300 boots.

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Anyone other than @JoeRogan receive a shipping notice on the C-2 boots? I rarely complain but Viberg CS is pretty bad. Reached out to them on Wednesday and they indicated that I should get a shipping notice Thursday or Friday. Still haven't gotten anything and now they don't respond at all.

Maybe this is SOP for them but it seems reasonable to expect the courtesy of a response when inquiring about your $1,300 boots.

I havent reached out and havent heard anything

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

"You're fortunate we gave you the privilege of purchasing our boots. Now lick them."

-- Viberg CS, probably

Turns31

Reaction score
"You're fortunate we gave you the privilege of purchasing our boots. Now lick them."

-- Viberg CS, probably
I must just have super good luck with them. The only 2 people I've had to talk to there were super helpful, informative and apologetic.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's just surprising because like most on the forum, its not like I have a shortage of footwear. I didn't give a sh*t about the answer, just got ticked that I wasn't extended the common courtesy of even getting one.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I must just have super good luck with them. The only 2 people I've had to talk to there were super helpful, informative and apologetic.
Someone as picky as you and who complains about the level at which they won the CXL lottery, I would assume you would have found something to fault them for. Wonders never cease.

Turns31

Reaction score
Someone as picky as you and who complains about the level at which they won the CXL lottery, I would assume you would have found something to fault them for. Wonders never cease.
I had an issue, they responded quickly, admitted fault and had a replacement built and to my door in 8 days. My only encounter with their cs. I'm sure other people have had other results as that's about as good as you can ask for.

PS: You have the nagging temperament of a middle-aged housewife in a failing marriage. Is it necessary to bring up how picky I am once a week when it adds nothing to the conversation? Let it go dude. Doesn't effect you.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had an issue, they responded quickly, admitted fault and had a replacement built and to my door in 8 days. My only encounter with their cs. I'm sure other people have had other results as that's about as good as you can ask for.

PS: You have the nagging temperament of a middle-aged housewife in a failing marriage. Is it necessary to bring up how picky I am once a week when it adds nothing to the conversation? Let it go dude. Doesn't effect you.

ksolis01

Reaction score
Is C-2 the calvados halkett boots? Haven't heard anything either though the esimated date is November.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg: I fired you, dear customer, because you are too damned expensive to keep around.

kevenmee

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It's just surprising because like most on the forum, its not like I have a shortage of footwear. I didn't give a sh*t about the answer, just got ticked that I wasn't extended the common courtesy of even getting one.

TBH, that's just SOP. Have purchased 5 pairs from dot.com and I've ever only received shipping on 3 of them. Two of them quite literally just showed up at my doorstep. Not that it's right or that I don't want better, but it's just what I've come to expect.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like this thread so I don't want to muck it up any more than I already have, so this will be it for me. I'm far from what one would consider a Viberg enthusiast but I've dropped north of $5k with them over the past 18 months. A mere pittance compared to most on this forum and maybe thats the issue. To be clear, I would be fine with what you outlined and I would have never even raised the issue if that response came from Viberg CS. The response is irrelevant to me. It's the lack of any response that has me ticked. Probably just getting old and cranky but simply choosing to ignore a customers question is a tough pill to swallow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics