• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where did you find a WF on the 2030? I have wanted a Natty WF on the 2030 for so long.
Here's brown. Haven't seen natural on 2030 in awhile.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Any advice on sizing the 2030? I've seen a few different sources with varying opinions, I wear:

10uk on trickers 4497 (a little generous instep, slightly cramped pinkies but nothing painful, doubtful I could go 9.5)
10.5d gs leo boots(very good fit overall)
10.5d nicks 55 (also very good fit, space in toebox but not loose)

There's potential for me to nab a pair of scouts in size 10 in cxl roughout, and it seems everyone goes either barrie size or .5 smaller, but I've also seen info that the 2030 matches the trickers
For what it's worth, I'm a 6.5 in both 2030 and 4497, and both fit beautifully. (I'm also a 6.5 in 1035 and 2045.) I have two Tricker's pairs in 4497, and many Vibergs in 2030. For another data point, I'm a size 7 in Red Wing moc toe and Blacksmith.

trippy512

Reaction score
Got an email from Brooklyn Clothing, looks like 15% off select viberg’s

Edit: code is VIBERG15 no idea which pairs it applies too

dsk321

Reaction score
Echoing others, same size as Leo/Barrie. If you have narrower or lower volume feet you can probably get away with another .5 down
I figured only under that circumstance. My feet definitely err on the wider side, though not E. And volume is probably average

dsk321

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm a 6.5 in both 2030 and 4497, and both fit beautifully. (I'm also a 6.5 in 1035 and 2045.) I have two Tricker's pairs in 4497, and many Vibergs in 2030. For another data point, I'm a size 7 in Red Wing moc toe and Blacksmith.
Ah, its just a mess now on whether the 2030 size 10 will work. For clarity, my size 10/4497s is a bit roomy, while 10.5/leo is snug, and nicks 10.5/55 is snug. So there might be a chance 2030 would work in trickers size

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Ah, its just a mess now on whether the 2030 size 10 will work. For clarity, my size 10/4497s is a bit roomy, while 10.5/leo is snug, and nicks 10.5/55 is snug. So there might be a chance 2030 would work in trickers size
Here's a post I made with a little more detail about my sizing (again, for what it's worth):

Just to help you with another data point, here's text from a previous post I made about my sizing experiences:

On my Brannock with Darn Tough light cushion socks, I'm:
  • Brannock heel-to-toe just under 7.5;
  • Heel-to-ball just over 7.5;
  • A bit over E width
In Viberg 2030, 1035, and 2045, I'm a 6.5.

In Red Wing No. 23, I'm a 7.

In Tricker's 4497S, I'm a 6.5.

I've had excellent fit with all the above; but, as everyone says, it's so different from person to person.

I think I'm lucky in that my feet look like the most normal feet on the planet -- but, as measurements go, they're a bit wider than normal (I'm guessing D width is normal, and I'm just a bit over E). So, as proportions and general shape go, my feet are very conventional; and the added width makes them a bit more flexible for different lasts.

I was very worried 2045 would be too roomy since my fit for 2030 and 1035 is outstanding. As it turned out, though, 2045 also fits me perfectly in the same size I use for 2030 and 1035 (and so I immediately ordered another one).

Still, it's about figuring out what you can, as best you can, by looking over all the fit discussions/guides here and on reddit.
Both my Tricker's Stows in 4497S are fairly roomy width-wise on me (one pair more than the other), but it's still what I'd call a very good fit. Viberg 2030 is more fitted on me -- a dang near perfect fit.

dsk321

Reaction score
Here's a post I made with a little more detail about my sizing (again, for what it's worth):

Both my Tricker's Stows in 4497S are fairly roomy width-wise on me (one pair more than the other), but it's still what I'd call a very good fit. Viberg 2030 is more fitted on me -- a dang near perfect fit.
Heh this is promising, I might just pull the trigger on 10. As I have a similar fit in my 4497s, everything snugged up a bit just might be perfect in 2030

amvoith

Reaction score
Where did you find a WF on the 2030? I have wanted a Natty WF on the 2030 for so long.

I was waiting for this makeup to come back into stock. You can find the pictures on Google by searching for the product name (not sure why they don't show up on the store site)

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Heh this is promising, I might just pull the trigger on 10. As I have a similar fit in my 4497s, everything snugged up a bit just might be perfect in 2030
If I missed that you saw this already, I apologize, but just in case, on this page, Division Road says:

2030 Last: Based on a last used for Canadian Military Officer's dress uniform footwear. It features an almond-shaped elongated toe, average waist, low heel and an overall shallow profile. The result is a sleek looking boot that can accommodate most foot shapes. The 2030 is very comparable to an Alden Barrie D/E last in terms of fit and sizing. We also find most feet are the same size in a 2030 as a Tricker’s 4497s last. We typically recommend at least a half (.5) size down from most US boot manufacturers like Red Wing. The 2030 last is the most common Viberg last, and a good basis of comparison to others in regards to size and shape.
Good luck whatever you go with. May the fit be with you.

dsk321

Reaction score
If I missed that you saw this already, I apologize, but just in case, on this page, Division Road says:

Good luck whatever you go with. May the fit be with you.
Yeah that was my first reference, but searches here and on reddit gyw showed a fair number went with barrie/leo sizing, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and hope its a slightly snugger 4497s for me

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's