• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I bought the latigo last year and have been eyeing these ever since, glad to have pulled the trigger during their sale. We actually didn’t discuss turnaround, though I’m assuming once he receives them he’ll update me with that info.
I posted not too long ago asking you guys which one of you had work done on these. Coincidentally nick had also done work on the pair I found online and sent me a pic which I’ll post below. Mine will be very similar: JR double sole, vibram Richard half sole, JR stacked blocks and JR dovetail.
View attachment 1443386

Wow, that looks outstanding!

I love the Gloxi-Cut soles, and will probably keep them until a re-sole is needed. But I love knowing they can be completely transformed like this into another boot. I may do the very same as you when the time comes for these and/or my blue latigo pair.

While I don't have quite the collection that some of you gents do, I've got enough boots in the house that wearing any of them down seems years away. The patina doesn't come quickly either.

Maybe next time I'm feeling like a new pair I should just re-sole some of the ones I've already got, rather than adding still more to the rotation.

Anyway, please share yours when they're done, @Squizzy3k. Can't wait to see them!

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the latigo last year and have been eyeing these ever since, glad to have pulled the trigger during their sale. We actually didn’t discuss turnaround, though I’m assuming once he receives them he’ll update me with that info.
I posted not too long ago asking you guys which one of you had work done on these. Coincidentally nick had also done work on the pair I found online and sent me a pic which I’ll post below. Mine will be very similar: JR double sole, vibram Richard half sole, JR stacked blocks and JR dovetail.
View attachment 1443386

Very nice, I had him do essentially the same thing on my navy shell pair and it came out great

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO pair arrived. 2030 last, Col 65 calf.

1597856377608.jpeg

1597856412355.jpeg

1597856470348.jpeg

1597856511436.jpeg

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd not seen an MTO stitchdown derby boot before, nice to see that's possible. Are they structured/unstructured?

But the anise calf derby boots you bought are stitchdown lol. They started doing it last year I think it was, I love the combination, have the anise derby boots as well. These are partially structured.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But the anise calf derby boots you bought are stitchdown lol. They started doing it last year I think it was, I love the combination, have the anise derby boots as well. These are partially structured.
I know I know, but recently I was told here that Viberg won't MTO Horsebutt on 2040 even though they've done it in recent production runs, so I wasn't sure.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I know, but recently I was told here that Viberg won't MTO Horsebutt on 2040 even though they've done it in recent production runs, so I wasn't sure.

Oh oh yeah, I mostly think that what Viberg says they'll do or won't do comes down to how whomever you're asking feels on that day lol. They said that about 2040 at the last MTO event, then have done 2040 horsebutt since. It may come down to the specific horsebutt though, i.e. Maryam vs Horween vs Shinki might be different. They also have a lower tolerance for risk on an MTO than a production run and that factors in too. It's why you can't MTO shell basically.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Viberg is pretty inconsistent with what they say. They told me they don’t do relasting for 110 to 2030 but then I’ve seen two people have done it so it’s a toss up

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Viberg is pretty inconsistent with what they say. They told me they don’t do relasting for 110 to 2030 but then I’ve seen two people have done it so it’s a toss up
I was also just recently told that they could relast 2030 11.5 to 2040 11, after I think someone here saying that they wouldn't go down in size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads