• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nareichert

Reaction score
Ok, quick question for the forum... Long story short, I have a free relast/resole from Viberg burning a hole in my pocket and was wondering if you guys had any brilliant/creative ideas? Let me know what you're thinking, thanks.

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
Ok, quick question for the forum... Long story short, I have a free relast/resole from Viberg burning a hole in my pocket and was wondering if you guys had any brilliant/creative ideas? Let me know what you're thinking, thanks.
What're you working with boot/shoe-wise?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a decent collection, but also am willing to buy a used pair if I'm committed to a concept. Don't let my current collection hold you back.
I think he meant, do you have any particular boots you were considering getting resoled? That might help us with what concepts/ideas we have.

nareichert

Reaction score
I think he meant, do you have any particular boots you were considering getting resoled? That might help us with what concepts/ideas we have.
Honestly, nothing in my current collection needs a resole having recently resoled a few last year and not wearing any of them for months... I would just grab a used pair that I could convert. Unstructured 2040 on DL/CP/705 has been floating around in my head recently due to the gmto convo here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, nothing in my current collection needs a resole having recently resoled a few last year and not wearing any of them for months... I would just grab a used pair that I could convert. Unstructured 2040 on DL/CP/705 has been floating around in my head recently due to the gmto convo here.
The most recent miloh brown horsebutt on commando is what I’d do

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
It's funny that the reason I bought Vibergs in the first place was because I wanted to get away from the Red Wing Iron Ranger toe bump, but now I'm wanting a pair of 310's.

MilesMW

Reaction score
Having tried a pair of lofgrens with the Vibram 700’s I’d say those. They are really flexible and comfy. But, unless you go with a christy/gloxi/2060, commando or Dr. Sole (maybe) they all look pretty similar from the side and don’t make much of a visual difference imo.

MilesMW

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with commando soles feel like your boot doesn’t lay “flat” on the ground? Looking at them they do look convex, do they depress and lay flatter after wear?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.