Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SixOhNine

SixOhNine Senior member

Email us if you're interested and we'll send you an invoice via PayPal? I expect a shit ton of problems and pissed off customers. Or more likely, ex-customers...

2. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

My thoughts exactly. Who decides on priority?
    As a loyal customer I'd be annoyed if I missed out.
    I asked if they had a sample of what I wanted months ago and got no joy, so seeing them offered now and it being what seems a scramble will leave a lot of people disappointed and angry I feel.
    Who knows though. Maybe we will all get what we want?
    30 styles initially is quite a lot and who's to say the size we want will even be available.

Let the fight begin. It will be like doomsday fighting for scraps of food.........but worse!

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that everyone understands that this will be a "first-to-pay" sale. I've done these in the past (note that I am not running this one) with no issues. There will be a lot of styles. The initial offering will be about 30 styles, and another 30 or so will be released as the sale goes on. I expect that there will be a lot of satisfied customers - if there is something you really want, I would have my Paypal open and ready.

Guy just recently took a fulltime position at Viberg, and will be managing their presence here. He has a lot of experience with e-commerce that they did not have in house previously, which opens up a lot of opportunities for them.

To everyone who just recently joined, welcome (I'm one of the owners, and the manager, of the good ship Styleforum.)

Last edited: May 6, 2013

4. boned

boned Senior member

That's a natural characteristic of any good sale.. Don't get all butthurt about it.

5. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

lol, Am down and ready. Unless it's to much trouble...Then I'm out. Never have to worry about there not being more to buy...

Have fun Y'all

6. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

What is a butthurt?

The format just seems odd.

All i'm saying is that if it's a first come first served basis via email how is anyone going to know who got there first?

It would be easier with a buy button. Once that's greyed out, no problem, someone beat me to it.

I have requested samples before, that's my only gripe, especially after blowing all my student loan on a pair at christmas.

7. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ uhhh, you're complaining already before it starts. i can imagine your butthurt when you dont get what you want

you know you got there in time when you get an invoice.

Last edited: May 6, 2013

8. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

I guess these are Americanisms?

I don't know it. I suppose you mean getting in a mood/temper if i don't get my own way?

Well i'm going to be doing cartwheels one way or another. Whether that's off a cliff or down the pub is another matter.

9. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

you're a special snowflake

10. guyferguson

guyferguson Affiliate vendor

Like Fok mentioned, this is a normal forumla for an online sample sale. We will be staggering releases throughout the entire MONTH, so please everyone realize this is not some one day frenzy. I'll begin to post stock online at around noon (pacific), so in about 2 and a half hours. Fok and i were pretty excited to bring this sale to Styleforum and i'm surprised at any negative reaction. It's a sample sale, meaning nothing is guaranteed. If everyone thinks they are going to open that thread and find the exact boot they would have made for themselves in their size and half price i promise you will be disappointed. There are; however, a ton of great boots in a pretty wide range of sizes. I'm confident that over the course of the month most people who are serious about buying will have a chance to get something assuming the size works out. If everyone could please have a little patience and wait for the actual sale to start i'm sure all will be clear.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

Viberg sizing advice - 10.5D in alden, 10.5d in katahdins, slightly wide foot but still a d-width -- 10 UK or 9.5 UK?

12. alldma

alldma Active Member

From what I have heard you will want to size true to Alden boots.

13. seer

seer Senior member

Amen!

14. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

15. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I wear a 10D in Chippewas, and a 10D or 9.5E in Alden, and in the Viberg 310 last the size 9E I tried on was clearly tight in the toebox. A 10D was slightly long, but still just a bit tight in the toe area. So in my experience they run slightly narrow, and about a half size long rather than a full....