• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, you'll probably re-sole them regardless :rotflmao:

1593444460835.gif

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try these boots out?

Not the prettiest but always nice to have a roper type boot around for practicality.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not the prettiest but always nice to have a roper type boot around for practicality.

I mean, filter through my personal opinion overlay here, but if I was going to get a roper, I would get one from a manufacture that specializes in them. Im not a huge roper fan, but those bergs are ugly AF. I would look to Lucchese. Their patterns are much more attractive and still will run you less than these on sale.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you’re into engineers it’s probably worth checking out. Looks to be based on their engineer pattern. I prefer their other roper pattern that SOP used that’s based on their stallion boot from their work line. https://www.snakeoilprovisions.com/...cullough-stallion-boot?variant=31372197527670

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’re into engineers it’s probably worth checking out. Looks to be based on their engineer pattern. I prefer their other roper pattern that SOP used that’s based on their stallion boot from their work line. https://www.snakeoilprovisions.com/...cullough-stallion-boot?variant=31372197527670

Thanks, not really looking for an engineer at this time. I really was not looking for anything TBH. Just kind of poking around. I have a custom pair of horse butt engineers on order (not from Viberg) so I'm waiting on those for an August delivery.

Cordovanity

Reaction score
I'm so confused on sizing for these shoes. Is it UK or US sizing? My brannock is 10.5. If I was planning to size down a full size from my brannock (in Trubalance I can fit in a 9D because of the roomy last), would I be a 9.5 on the Viberg website? Or would I be an 8.5, which would be UK sizing, which would be a 9.5 US, which would be a full size down.

Just seems pretty confusing for whatever is the proper sizing and perhaps it even seems like people or Viberg or their sizing guide or whatever it is may be conflating the typical sizing down of shoes (i.e. sizing down a full size in the US sizing such as for Alden) and the UK sizing difference (i.e. wearing an 8.5E UK C&J).

What the hell is going on and can somebody tell me if I would be a 9.5 or an 8.5 on the Viberg website to size down a full size from my brannock. Thank you very much.

Cordovanity

Reaction score

also anybody have an idea what type of shoe this is and where I could find more detailed photos from viberg? I can only find the dark brown coffee essex anywhere online.

how much a lighter brown do you guys think this is from the brown CXL service boot?
any thoughts on essex leather generally vs CXL?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so confused on sizing for these shoes. Is it UK or US sizing? My brannock is 10.5. If I was planning to size down a full size from my brannock (in Trubalance I can fit in a 9D because of the roomy last), would I be a 9.5 on the Viberg website? Or would I be an 8.5, which would be UK sizing, which would be a 9.5 US, which would be a full size down.

Just seems pretty confusing for whatever is the proper sizing and perhaps it even seems like people or Viberg or their sizing guide or whatever it is may be conflating the typical sizing down of shoes (i.e. sizing down a full size in the US sizing such as for Alden) and the UK sizing difference (i.e. wearing an 8.5E UK C&J).

What the hell is going on and can somebody tell me if I would be a 9.5 or an 8.5 on the Viberg website to size down a full size from my brannock. Thank you very much.

9.5 in Viberg sizing if you wanted size down a full size.

Cordovanity

Reaction score
9.5 in Viberg sizing if you wanted size down a full size.
thank you very much. if I am between 10 and 10.5, with toebox width in my right foot being the biggest concern (as I said I fit in a 9D in the roomier Trubalance last) do you think a 9 or a 9.5 would work better?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you very much. if I am between 10 and 10.5, with toebox width in my right foot being the biggest concern (as I said I fit in a 9D in the roomier Trubalance last) do you think a 9 or a 9.5 would work better?

I'd say 2030 toebox width is fairly similar to an E width Alden Barrie if that's helpful at all. Common advice is to take the same size as Barrie (which is what I do) but I think some people may go down a further half size, especially with low volume or narrow feet.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I myself go up a half size from Barrie. I do 7E Barrie but am a Viberg 7.5. 7 was too short in length for me.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

also anybody have an idea what type of shoe this is and where I could find more detailed photos from viberg? I can only find the dark brown coffee essex anywhere online.

how much a lighter brown do you guys think this is from the brown CXL service boot?
any thoughts on essex leather generally vs CXL?

These are 2030 service boots. Pretty standard for Viberg. Dublin is waxed Essex.

I owned the natural Dublin 2030 boots from division Road briefly. It has a lot of stretch to it so a snug fit would be fine. Not sure about Essex, but Dublin didn’t breath as well as other cow leathers.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair in the icy mocha Essex. The leather has a super soft temper to it, very plush. Stretches more than CXL. Very comfortable.

ksolis01

Reaction score
The calvados shell pre orders sold out today. Took roughly 4 days, not bad considering the higher prices seen this year and the current situation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads