• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for ***** sake.
How is the fitting of the 2020 compared to the 2030?

yeah that about sums up my feelings on the matter.

2020 feels slightly longer and a bit narrower than 2030 in the same size, but I generally find the 2020 forefoot in the same size to be more accommodating than a 2030 due to the fact that it’s more anatomically shaped. I would say it’s generally more of a .5 down from Brannock last than full down, although I do have one pair a full size down that works well. Just comes down to individual makeup variation. On the safe side for pre-orders I’ll pretty much always go half down though as it's a roomy fit without being too large. This is like my fifth pair of 2020 boots.

Edit: Basically to sum up, if you go full down from Brannock for 2030 and/or have a little bit wider foot, I'd consider going half down for 2020. If you go half down for 2030 you're probably fine in the same for 2020.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meelypops

Reaction score
I'm not sure how it happened but I completely missed this drop.This is a really nice boot. Has a different vibe from most Berg's. The orange binding would bother me..........for a day. Congrats to those who grabbed a pair. Very cool score.
Was happy to be on the preorder definitely returning mine though, gotta get it right at that price o.o

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just because someone was asking about how 2040 compared to 2045/2055 I figured the attached picture could be helpful.

20200529_165156.jpg

Even with the the flat toe 2055, I can definitely tell that 2040 has less toe height and is a little snugger in the instep, granted that could be a difference in material. Prefer the fit of 2055 and 2030 overall but I would still say 2040 is a comfortable last overall.

bootyboy

Reaction score

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone gets an 11.5 they don't want, let a brother know ??

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean what bothers me is buying a $1300 boot that's not built to spec. QC issues I generally don't care much about, the boots are gonna get worn. I wouldn't even care much if the binding was a different color but tonally matched, but it's soooo different. It's even worse in person, and on foot looking down it looks like the boot has orange racing stripes

1590790231861.png

1590790243558.png

They also came with this crease across them, which is just... weird. Hopefully if I wear it lines up with where my foot would crease but won't really know until they flex.

InternetTears

Reaction score
I mean what bothers me is buying a $1300 boot that's not built to spec. QC issues I generally don't care much about, the boots are gonna get worn. I wouldn't even care much if the binding was a different color but tonally matched, but it's soooo different. It's even worse in person, and on foot looking down it looks like the boot has orange racing stripes

View attachment 1397548
View attachment 1397549

They also came with this crease across them, which is just... weird. Hopefully if I wear it lines up with where my foot would crease but won't really know until they flex.
I’ve yet to try them on. I need to make my decision once I pair it with some jeans. Right now it’s not looking good, I don’t want Halloween themed boot.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1397548
View attachment 1397549

I didn't think the initial pics looked so bad but it's definitely much more noticeable in your second picture here and agreed that would drive me crazy. It should really be on Viberg to fix these and I imagine the binding could be replaced without a remake provided they are careful with the stitching. The alternative is trying to dye it like someone else mentioned.

Last edited:

Meelypops

Reaction score
I didn't think the initial pics looked so bad but it's definitely much more noticeable in your second picture here and agreed that would drive me crazy. It should really be on Viberg to fix these and I imagine the binding could be replaced without a remake provided they are careful with the stitching. The alternative is trying to dye it like someone else mentioned.
The binding is between the lining and the upper which is stitched and glued, straight replacement is probably near impossible. Dying it is probably also really not a good idea.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be pissed at the binding error, especially for 1300. Thats not as bad as when they made the bison boots for SF a service boot when it was spec’d for a scout boot.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1397548
View attachment 1397549

Wow, what a shame. I remember thinking these were a pretty great looking, low key (for shell) boot. They are not low key with the racing stripes.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The binding is between the lining and the upper which is stitched and glued, straight replacement is probably near impossible. Dying it is probably also really not a good idea.

I imagine you could remove the stitching, heat up the end of the lining to weaken just the glue near the edge, replace the binding and reglue. The binding could be handstitched to re-use the same holes in the shell. It would be a pain ********** and it may just be easier to remake at that point but it might be doable.

I'm not sure dying would turn out that terribly. I've seen entire uppers re-dyed fairly convincingly and we're only talking about the binding here, using a much darker color at that. At the very least it would probably look better than the orange.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
For those who have experience with Viberg preorders: are the timing estimates generally accurate or do they often take longer or less time?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads