• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet are weird, wide with a high instep, and I'm probably one of the few who goes tts. Viberg 2030 tts is pretty much perfect for me (I take e width Barrie tts as well). Both 2030 and 2040 are good in width but 2040 is fairly tight across in instep. I may need another .5 up in 2040 but haven't tried.

Since 2045/2055 seems to be closer to 2040 than 2030 and because from what I was seeing a number of people take 2045 in the same size as 2030 I erred on the side of caution and went that way as well. I figured I'd rather wind up slightly too big but within the margin of sock thickness or small pads than go too small.
Thanks for the detail. I take 2030 .5 down from Brannock, and since DR suggested a half size down from your normal 2030, I went with size 11 ??

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the detail. I take 2030 .5 down from Brannock, and since DR suggested a half size down from your normal 2030, I went with size 11 ??

Yeah, I'm sure their advice is best for anyone with normal feet so imagine you made the right choice if that's the case. I just know my feet don't fall into the category so I decided to wing it :D

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
They look great. They recommended to me .5 down from 2030/2040 but I assume you'd size 2045 and 2055 the game since 2055 is just a flat toe version of 2045. Interested in hearing your thoughts on fit after you've tried them on.

I went against their advice and took the same size as 2040 and 2030 but I also find 2040 to be a little tight in the instep for my tastes. We'll see how that gamble plays out for me.
Honestly they fit well overall but the instep is a little tight and the facings are going to be pretty wide open. I’ll get some pics later or tomorrow when I can. Length and width are really good for .5 size down

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I'm the same size (and very comfortably so) in 2030, 1035, and 2045. Is 2040 lower on the instep than 2030?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly they fit well overall but the instep is a little tight and the facings are going to be pretty wide open. I’ll get some pics later or tomorrow when I can. Length and width are really good for .5 size down

Got it, thanks for the initial thoughts. Assuming you don't have a monster instep that sounds about what I expected based solely on 2040.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Definitely feels that way to me at least but I've only tried one pair on 2040 (tan RO boondockers from bnyc) so my sample size is really small.

That's one more pair of 2040's than I've tried on, so thanks for the feedback, @Vocans. If anyone else can comment on 2040 (especially on the instep versus 2030), it'd be appreciated.

I have two pairs in 2045, and I haven't felt the instep to be more of a pinch than my 2030's. I thought that 2045 was essentially 2040 with a toe bump, but then I looked at Viberg's last guide just now, and saw this for 2045:

Similar to the 2040, but with a wider forefoot and deeper toebox. We suggest taking your normal Viberg size.

So I guess there are more differences between 2040 and 2045 than I realized. Strangely, they reference 2040 in the 2045 entry, but there's no 2040 entry.

ThatDudeOrion

Reaction score
I take 2045 same as snug fitting 2030 which is also the same size I take in 1035 and 2040. Chelsea’s and side zips I go up a half size and that works great

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like most of you, I order a lot of things online and miss the instant gratification Amazon used to provide without fail. In the context of me waiting for my most recent boot acquisition, this article is interesting, and I find the unpredictable timing of my deliveries these days to be...exciting? ?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi. Only seeing this now. Were these factory resoles?
These were originally Dainite Studded but I got Dr Soles corded put on them from Pekin Shoe Repair. I purchased the soles and heels myself.

Rymanocerous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The inside inserts were both coming loose when I inspected them which is kinda lame but they pushed down and seem ok afterwards.
Hopefully you didn't get one of the bad pairs of the heel pads. Had to go through 3 sets on my last pair because they would slide and bunch up in the center. Surprisingly painful on the soles of your feet.

alpenglowing

Reaction score
Hopefully you didn't get one of the bad pairs of the heel pads. Had to go through 3 sets on my last pair because they would slide and bunch up in the center. Surprisingly painful on the soles of your feet.

I’ve had this happen on one pair of Vibergs in the past. I just applied some Barge cement and they were good as new the following day.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an email from Viberg saying that my Ivywood Shell Service Boots that I preordered in March have shipped! Wasn't expecting these for a few more months!

xPwBuWLUw65.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads