• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is bulging at the vamp/lacing normal or a sign that boots are too big (or just due to having skinny ankles)?
Usually indicates tightness over your instep. The leather should stretch some over time to reduce the issue but on a new pair I will often pull the laces very tight and flex my foot to help it along.

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SLAB

Reaction score

mykii2704

Reaction score
Super tempting
I feel like this is Viberg's new MTO for "didn't sell out, so we retract availability, then re-introduce it for the people who felt like they missed out get another jab at it". Prevents them looking like they have a product with soft demand, and has happened repetitively now on shell MTOs.

That said, this is a great opportunity for someone who is in this market to get a pair of great looking 'bergs that is confluent with what we all like about them; service boots, in a nice shell, and stitch down.

smartbrother

Reaction score
I feel like this is Viberg's new MTO for "didn't sell out, so we retract availability, then re-introduce it for the people who felt like they missed out get another jab at it". Prevents them looking like they have a product with soft demand, and has happened repetitively now on shell MTOs.

That said, this is a great opportunity for someone who is in this market to get a pair of great looking 'bergs that is confluent with what we all like about them; service boots, in a nice shell, and stitch down.
since they have excess, I wish they’d offer a mini MTO. All eyelets plain toe and DL sole 😬

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

or, to add theories, it might be “overall sales are slumping, can we squeeze out a few more pairs from our patterns and these shells” as these two colors are in the highly coveted natural to brown range.

InternetTears

Reaction score

Viberg has “excess” of all the leather they work with, enough to produce several more boots.
They usually use the remaining amount for remakes (lol) but they also do some experimenting to decide if they even want to keep working with the leather in the future.
For this bourbon run, I believe they have more because the printed shell was so damn bad that they had sheets leftover. 😂🤠

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.