• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nhlducks35

Reaction score
Any tips on sizing for the 2010 last (the new slippers)? I wear an 8 in the 2030 last, and sizing says to go down to a 7. My feet are a bit wide with a narrow heel (usually 2030 last boots are a bit tight on my right pinky toe but stretch to fit well) if that helps

I would plan to wear them sockless

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a good example of what happens to natural CXL in the long run:
So... I'd say just get natural 😂

I've had mine for over a year and they don't even look close. Granted have only hit them with VSC once...

puddin

Reaction score
I've had mine for over a year and they don't even look close. Granted have only hit them with VSC once...
Use Saphir and that mink oil will darken and redden then right up.

Here are my crust horsehides that have seen 2 rounds of saphir and one of VSC over ~1.5 years. They still look almost brand new and I wear them all the time. This hide doesn’t crease.

DF474493-23A2-4BC3-A25A-D5271A22353A.jpeg

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use Saphir and that mink oil will darken and redden then right up.

Here are my crust horsehides that have seen 2 rounds of saphir and one of VSC over ~1.5 years. They still look almost brand new and I wear them all the time. This hide doesn’t crease.

View attachment 1366688
Wow! Incredible! Thanks for the tip

puddin

Reaction score
And here’s a pair of the honey tanned horsehide that have seen the same treatment regime.

I’ve had these a little longer. Left boot had a noticeably darker cap and the vamp wrinkled immediately. Used to annoy me, now those are some of the things I love most about them. The cap has evened out quite a bit.

986B175D-C00C-4545-9BFD-2AAB29D18588.jpeg

apl_alt

Reaction score
Looking for a casual derby, specifically Viberg 145 Oxfords. Are there any similar makeups to the Withered Fig x Viberg 145 Oxford in Horsebutt Crust? Unfortunately WF said they have plans to restock but uncertain on timing.

I’ve looked at the Miloh Shop ones, but they’re a little light in color for me and im
unsure on commando sole. Would rather do dainite or leather.

Im considering getting the new Truman ones or just going MTO during the next event.

Last edited:

Numbernine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.