• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think wearing a cafe rider is quite a bit different than wearing a DR. A cafe is a bit more distinguished. For some reason I think DRs are easier to pull off on women despite their age. It’s the norm these days, my wife wears a DR, but when I wear mine she always rolls her eyes.

??‍♂️
You definitely rock that

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think wearing a cafe rider is quite a bit different than wearing a DR. A cafe is a bit more distinguished. For some reason I think DRs are easier to pull off on women despite their age. It’s the norm these days, my wife wears a DR, but when I wear mine she always rolls her eyes.

??‍♂️
Looking good! Schott?

Sorrento

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on the Teacore Horsehide Service Boots and they are even better than I expected!

When I first heard about the teacore I really liked the idea and thought they would probably look great. While I was still thinking about whether to buy them or not they sold out of my size on the .com site. Miloh Shop also got the the teacore in, but by the time I found out they were also sold out of my size. I was starting to think I would never find them. I kept checking occasionally and then by some miracle the Viberg site recently showed them in stock, so I jumped immediately to buy them.

When the boots arrived and I took them out of the box I was totally amazed! All the pictures I had seen showed them to be quite black, and I thought that the brown color would only show through gradually. When I took the boots out of the bag I was sitting by a window and the sun was shining - the boots were an incredible hue of deep brown in the sunlight! Wow! I had a feeling like I've rarely had with a purchase - just really beautiful and I was quite unprepared!

I attempted many pictures trying to get something that showed the color - I can tell you that its basically impossible to show the richness and depth in a photo, but here is one that shows the boots in part sun and part shade and how different they can look in different light.

Teacore2-M.jpg

Markfisher702

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on the Teacore Horsehide Service Boots and they are even better than I expected!

When I first heard about the teacore I really liked the idea and thought they would probably look great. While I was still thinking about whether to buy them or not they sold out of my size on the .com site. Miloh Shop also got the the teacore in, but by the time I found out they were also sold out of my size. I was starting to think I would never find them. I kept checking occasionally and then by some miracle the Viberg site recently showed them in stock, so I jumped immediately to buy them.

When the boots arrived and I took them out of the box I was totally amazed! All the pictures I had seen showed them to be quite black, and I thought that the brown color would only show through gradually. When I took the boots out of the bag I was sitting by a window and the sun was shining - the boots were an incredible hue of deep brown in the sunlight! Wow! I had a feeling like I've rarely had with a purchase - just really beautiful and I was quite unprepared!

I attempted many pictures trying to get something that showed the color - I can tell you that its basically impossible to show the richness and depth in a photo, but here is one that shows the boots in part sun and part shade and how different they can look in different light.

View attachment 1334993
That’s a hot boot.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score

View attachment 1334993

I have and love this boot, too. Love it. If Viberg would release a plain-toe boot in this same leather, in a chunkier last -- maybe the new 2055, 2045, or 1035 -- I don't think I'd be able to pass that up either.

Enjoy 'em! There's a lot of salty slush around these parts right now, so I haven't been wearing them as much.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1334993
Nice! That Shinki teacore is awesome. It has a stretch similar to kudu but feels more durable. They’re some if the most comfortable Vibergs I have.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have and love this boot, too. Love it. If Viberg would release a plain-toe boot in this same leather, in a chunkier last -- maybe the new 2055, 2045, or 1035 -- I don't think I'd be able to pass that up either.

Enjoy 'em! There's a lot of salty slush around these parts right now, so I haven't been wearing them as much.
Well there's a pair on 1035 at Rivet and Hide if you wear a 6.5:

adrs1157

Reaction score
Just finished cleaning up my wife's boots. They are just over 2 years old and are in need of a resole. Toplift was replaced once already. She is not particularly kind to her boots.

They are natural kangaroo derby boots, GYW. They look great.

BEFORE:

2020-02-10 11.58.30.jpg

AFTER:

2020-02-11 10.14.44.jpg

Edges are particularly rough. I didn't do much - only a round of Renovateur. I ordered some Fiebings Resolene for the edges but they won't arrive for a couple weeks. Reno will have to do for now.

Upper had a dull, dry look and feel and the welt had a ton of built up grime. Took a while to clean it out. Reno did a great job - they look and feel much better. These are still as solid as day one.

When new (only one wear):

AvrNBEH.jpg

Couple more BEFORE pics:

2020-02-10 11.55.37.jpg

2020-02-10 11.55.45.jpg

2020-02-10 11.57.16.jpg

2020-02-10 11.57.07.jpg

AFTER:

2020-02-11 10.16.15.jpg

2020-02-11 10.15.02.jpg

7empest

Reaction score

View attachment 1334993
I have a pair of these too. The Teacore Horsehide is incredible looking !

Sorrento

Reaction score
I have a pair of these too. The Teacore Horsehide is incredible looking !
I agree! Big "thank you" to you and other people on here who were so enthusiastic about the teacore - I was on the fence about getting them as I didn't really want another pair of black boots, but the many positive comments about the teacore boots convinced me to get them and I couldn't be happier!

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I agree! Big "thank you" to you and other people on here who were so enthusiastic about the teacore - I was on the fence about getting them as I didn't really want another pair of black boots, but the many positive comments about the teacore boots convinced me to get them and I couldn't be happier!

They really are a perfect pair.

Unrelated, my 316 MTO pair comes tomorrow. Exciting times.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Well there's a pair on 1035 at Rivet and Hide if you wear a 6.5:

Thank you very much for the heads-up! I've seen that before, but it looks rather different in the photos from the .com Shinki teacore -- the leather doesn't look quite the same. It also looks lined at the top, which my .com Shinki teacore isn't. Finally, I'd prefer Ridgeway, too, but that's not necessarily a deal-killer for me.

If anyone here has this teacore makeup from Rivet and Hide, can you let me know? I may have a couple of questions about the leather for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads