• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live with Paul Kelly of S.E.H. Kelly on Friday, April 10, 7:00 a.m. PDT

Wake up tomorrow and tune in as Peter talks to Paul Kelly of S.E.H Kelly, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 7:00 a.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with side zips: does the zipper let water through in the rain? What about puddles?
I have one pair. There’s a flush piece of leather on he inside as well. It’s really tight but I would guarantee that water will eventually leak through.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dumb question but I assume chamois is the other side of chamois roughout, if so, is it oil tanned as well?
No question is dumb! Yes. Same leather one smooth side the other rough.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Speaking of MTOs, it made me realize my 3sixteen MTO should be done soon. Hopefully they ship in February. I've got many vacations planned this year, I have accepted the fact I won't be buying any more Vibergs this year. On the other hand, I've got 5 pairs and that's honestly enough. Hard for me to justify more boots.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of MTOs, it made me realize my 3sixteen MTO should be done soon. Hopefully they ship in February. I've got many vacations planned this year, I have accepted the fact I won't be buying any more Vibergs this year. On the other hand, I've got 5 pairs and that's honestly enough. Hard for me to justify more boots.
[ nervously laughing 😂 ] yeah five is more than enough 👍

Sartorium

Reaction score
[ nervously laughing 😂 ] yeah five is more than enough 👍
Too many, really. It turns out the exact number I have is the sensible, justifiable number for pairs of thousand dollar boots. Even one more pair would be excessive. But one fewer pair is just parsimonious for parsimony's sake.

gte872h

Reaction score
Haha of course!

My response is more of an admission that I have *way* more than one person needs.
Same. I remember that I told myself that one pair of service boots would be enough for me. I was so naive back then.

vettemike

Reaction score
Also interested in MTO proxy. Curious which horsebutt options will be available.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.