• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trevorplease

Reaction score
Any pics of the bone chamois that was released last year and made it to the sample sale?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own black shell? Mine have taken on a navy appearance, I think it’s likely due to the “bloom”, but I’m questioning if I actually have navy shell. ??‍♂️

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I'm curious what's driving other people's sizing preferences.

First, for those who know, what are people's foot (heel to toe) length, arch length (heel to ball), and preferred Viberg size? For me it's foot length 11.5, arch length 12, preferred Viberg size 11.

Second, for those with D or narrower feet, How do you deal with the extra volume in Viberg's E+ width lasts? Do you size down to fill volume or wear thicker socks/use inserts? I tried both sizing down and using thick socks and I prefer the latter.

On my Brannock with Darn Tough light cushion socks, I'm:
  • Brannock heel-to-toe just under 7.5;
  • Heel-to-ball just over 7.5;
  • A bit over E width
In Viberg 2030, 1035, and 2045, I'm a 6.5.

In Red Wing No. 23, I'm a 7.

In Tricker's 4497S, I'm a 6.5.

I've had excellent fit with all the above; but, as everyone says, it's so different from person to person.

I think I'm lucky in that my feet look like the most normal feet on the planet -- but, as measurements go, they're a bit wider than normal (I'm guessing D width is normal). So, as proportions and general shape go, my feet are very conventional; and the added width makes them a bit more flexible for different lasts.

I was very worried 2045 would be too roomy since my fit for 2030 and 1035 is outstanding. As it turned out, though, 2045 also fits me perfectly in the same size I use for 2030 and 1035 (and so I immediately ordered another one).

Still, it's about figuring out what you can, as best you can, by looking over all the fit guides here and on reddit. And if you can get the kind of guidance that DR offers people on fit, etc., all the better. (I've ordered from them, but haven't spoken to them before.)

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what's driving other people's sizing preferences.

First, for those who know, what are people's foot (heel to toe) length, arch length (heel to ball), and preferred Viberg size? For me it's foot length 11.5, arch length 12, preferred Viberg size 11.

Second, for those with D or narrower feet, How do you deal with the extra volume in Viberg's E+ width lasts? Do you size down to fill volume or wear thicker socks/use inserts? I tried both sizing down and using thick socks and I prefer the latter.

Brannock Heel Toe: 12
Brannock Heel Ball: 13
Brannock Width: just shy of D

Preferred Viberg boot size: 11.5
Preferred Viberg side-zip size: 12 (to account for my long ballz)
Still figuring out slipper size, probably 10.5 because the 11 I have is too long.

I find the 110 last to be the roomiest, but I don't downsize.

7empest

Reaction score
12D Brannock
Red Wing 12D
Viberg 2030, 11.5 fits well with medium socks.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Any pics of the bone chamois that was released last year and made it to the sample sale?

Was waiting for the Tarrago Nano spray to come in to treat these boots, but have been itching to wear them so they got the call today.

View attachment 1260171

These were how they looked new when I wore them for the first time a few months ago. They no longer look like that. Since then, they've been worn about 1-2 each week. After getting some new raw denim, they've had some indigo bleed on them. I'll wear them and post an updated picture tomorrow.

7empest

Reaction score
Brannock Heel Toe: 12
Brannock Heel Ball: 13
Brannock Width: just shy of D

Preferred Viberg boot size: 11.5
Preferred Viberg side-zip size: 12 (to account for my long ballz)
Still figuring out slipper size, probably 10.5 because the 11 I have is too long.

I find the 110 last to be the roomiest, but I don't downsize.

I'm wondering if I’m an 11.5 or a 12 in the side zip.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10D brannock with high instep
9.5 on the 2030
Honestly felt that side zip in size 9 fit well, my guess is that that's due to higher instep of the 2050

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Does anyone own black shell? Mine have taken on a navy appearance, I think it’s likely due to the “bloom”, but I’m questioning if I actually have navy shell. ??‍♂️

I can see where you’re coming from. A very dark navy. I’m not sure why that is. I brush these before and after each wear. Although my right captoe is noticeably black compared to the rest of the boots.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn... DR gets a lot of love. Guess my sizing advice is ****. lol

I swear some of these leathers are the same and just renamed. Some of them look so damn similar to me. That noir vitello whatever looks so damn similar to matte black

Haha that’s what I thought when I saw the noir vitello.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn’t DR’s Port Horsebutt the same as the the Colour 1071 Horsebutt on Viberg’s website?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads