• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
Personally, I think they look good but wear down too fast.
Granted, I only have the navy 3sixteen pair but they’re easily the most comfortable of any outsole I have on my boots (dainite, vibram 2060, christy).

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Granted, I only have the navy 3sixteen pair but they’re easily the most comfortable of any outsole I have on my boots (dainite, vibram 2060, christy).
I just wish they’d do something like their workboot line where they have a thick durable rubber surface but foam cushioning:

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
I just wish they’d do something like their workboot line where they have a thick durable rubber surface but foam cushioning:

DR’s makeup on the 310 has the foam between the Gloxi and the upper, if that’s what you’re referring to. Really not a fan of the 310 though.

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
Is your current 2030 Size 1/2 down from your brannock size or 1 size down?
Half down. I'm just wondering because the waxed nutmeg kudu Brooklyn Clothing pair is on sale and there's a size one size down from my brannock available 😅 curious how other people size is all. I know Richard with Withered Fig said he wished he sized a half size down for his mushroom oxfords to wear em with thinner socks but haven't seen the opinion much else where when concerning boots.

smartbrother

Reaction score
Half down. I'm just wondering because the waxed nutmeg kudu Brooklyn Clothing pair is on sale and there's a size one size down from my brannock available 😅 curious how other people size is all. I know Richard with Withered Fig said he wished he sized a half size down for his mushroom oxfords to wear em with thinner socks but haven't seen the opinion much else where when concerning boots.
I know the temptation. Rivet and Hide doesn't stock 11.5 and I've been tempted to just get an 11. But ultimately I wouldn't reach for it bc 11.5 is much more comfortable.

smartbrother

Reaction score
Who did the resole? I've got two pairs of Vibergs I need resoled. And I'm in Texas if the Instagram post is implying they can be done there.... Sweet.
Pekin Shoe Repair in Illinois. But they aren't doing mail-in repairwork any more.

Have you checked with Viberg? They will resole.

jischwar

Reaction score
I don’t. Unless you just have a ton of length left over in the 2030, id stick with the same size. Or maybe if you have very narrow feet.
What would a "ton" of length constitute? An inch and a half or two inches plus? I'm trying to nail down my 1035 size too and I size down 0.5 from Brannock for 2030. Definitely have some left over length but doesn't seem uncomfortable and the arch support seems to line up pretty well

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 137 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 255 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.7%
  • 31 - 40