1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

Ah, sorry i meant to get back to you about this. To be honest, i don't own a single set of shoe trees and i never have. We've done some preliminary research on manufacturing our own, but it doesn't seem particularly cost effective especially considering how many unique lasts we have. We'll definitely keep exploring this option though and i'll keep you guys in the loop. I've heard from some customers that Alden's shoe tree worked alright in the 2030 and i believe last time we were at Leffot they mentioned their's was an adequate fit as well, but don't don't quote me on that.

2. wdahab

wdahab Senior member

Hey Guy, thanks for being so helpful the other day while you were traveling. I didn't even realize you guys were out of the country. Beyond the questions we were discussing in the email about the Essex leather (and other things), I was just curious about the fact that I guess Viberg has said that you all can't get Chromepak at all any more.

Was that just referring to that olive color you used for 3sixteen, or did Horween discontinue the natural Chromepak as well? Quoddy and Rancourt still seem to use it, I'd be curious if that's going away, or whether that is a leather you guys might work with in the future.

3. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior member

I recently bought Woodlore shoe trees and they fit excellently in my Viberg x 3Sixteen service boots. My pair is a size 9.5 and the shoe tree is a size M. The same size fits really well for my pair of Alden Indy 403 boots.

I bought a size L shoe tree from Allen Edmonds as well, but it's toe box is much bulkier than Woodlore's. This made it a good fit for other shoes I own, but not for Viberg's 2030 last of Alden's Trubalance last. I also have a size L from Woodlore on the way, but I think it'll be too big for my pair, and so I'll use it in other shoes.

Hope that helps!

4. Sombrero

Sombrero Well-Known Member

I've been breaking in my Service Boots from Leffot that arrived this
    past Friday. About as solid as they come and oh so pretty.

As a side note, I can roll with the derby price, but will have to wait
    to see what options arise on viberg.com. Excited to see what's in store.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

All I can say, is after my third day of breaking these bad boys in (Brown Chromexcel Service Boots) I like them even more than I did the first day I got them. Man these are some great looking, hard wearing, well crafted Boots.

6. phelix

phelix Member

Very nice Sombrero

7. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

I received the Boondockers on Friday. They are on the 2045 last with an unstructured toe.

[​IMG]

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

I love those and can't stand that my size was sold out. I gotta be ready the next time they show up. So how do you like them.

9. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

They're great, I wasn't sure how I would feel about the 2045 last but they look great in person. I sized the same as the 2030 and the fit is good. Not as snug as the 2030 but not sloppy loose either, fits similar to Alden's Trubalance.

10. Chop Chop

Chop Chop Senior member

Has anyone ever successfully made it past the blister phase, if you had blisters at all?

The fit on my service boots feels perfect. Left foot = no issues. Right foot = huge blood blister.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  11. 300zxtt8

300zxtt8 Active Member

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Please upload the images. We get a lot of spoof links, and I nearly deleted your post mistake.

Cheers,

Fok.

13. 300zxtt8

300zxtt8 Active Member

Sorry! Could not figure out how to post pictures.

14. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

I'd say combine wearing the boots for shorter periods of time and using moleskin on the hot spots.
    It can take time to make these kind of boots your own, don't rush it.
    Also, wear only socks with at least 70% wool content (merino or other high quality), they handle sweat and stink much better than anything else.

1 person likes this.
  15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

You can use the little picture icon in your editor. You can also upload multiple pictures simultaneously.

16. 300zxtt8

300zxtt8 Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Guys! Manage to post pics already. Just FYI, Boondocker, Colour 8 CXL, Black Rough Out all in Viberg Size 7 and Alden in size 7.5 fitting slightly tight compare to my Red Wing 1907 size US8. A lot of breaking in to do.

17. Sombrero

Sombrero Well-Known Member

One more shot of mine and I'm cutting myself off. Not usually
    a big picture poster, I suppose these things have me a bit giddy.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. ojaw

ojaw Senior member

Go ahead, indulge.

19. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

It would be great if this were actually available sometime soon.

20. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Without denying that you've no doubt got some great boots there, I would say that it'll be a few years before you can really judge them to be "hard wearing."