Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. FOXY

FOXY Member

I am going with a 6.5-7 in various Alden lasts for a snug fit - I got a 7 for both of my Viberg's (mostly because they are quite narrow for my arch)...

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Correct. keep it in the marketplace.

3. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013

4. gnu

gnu Senior member

^if only they were black...

How much would a pair like that cost if I had them made directly from viberg?

5. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

Not sure, since they do not actually offer horsehide as an option. They did a special make up for the Swiss store VMC in black horsehide, which apparently sold for $1000 US. See link here for a pair of those reselling for $875:

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/in...versary-horsehide-1950-service-boots-size-9d/

Viberg will currently do a custom 1950 Service Boot, same build as the brown ones but on the cheaper cowhide leathers, for between $650 and $700. But again, the horsehide is always more, and the wait for a custom build is 4 to 5 months.

I actually have a pair of the black horsehides which fit me better, and they are indeed a very fine boot. But honestly, I like these brown ones better. The leather is just so rich and gorgeous, and the Dainite soles very cool.

After this, I will post a pic of my black Vibergs, which are NOT for sale..

6. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

New black Vibergs, in horsehide. I love them...

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

8. whiteheadsimo

whiteheadsimo Senior member

I am considering order a pair of Viberg 1950 service boot and I am a standard US 9. can anyone here tell me what size should I choose?

9. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

^ If you consistently wear a US size 9, then a size 8 should be good. I'm usually a US size 10, and have 3 pairs of Vibergs in size 9 with the 2030 last. I also have a 9.5 in the 110 last, which fits fuller, but isn't TOO big on me.

10. whiteheadsimo

whiteheadsimo Senior member

thanks man, 1950 service boots is on which last?

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

BTW, stay tuned. Something awesome coming soon. Just sayin'.

12. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

You can have any boot put on any of their lasts. Are you ordering from a store, or directly from Viberg? If it's from a shop that carries Viberg, you're limited to whatever last the boots they carry were made with, but if you order directly from Viberg, you can have your boots made custom down to the smallest detail.

13. augustwest

augustwest Member

I have a bunch of questions:

Which last is the most formal? The 2030?

I checked the Viberg Blog and they mentioned that they are going to begin doing Goodyear welts. I thought that Goodyear welts were the standard. What does Viberg currently use? Has anybody ever gotten a Viberg boot resolved. I always thought that Viberg boots were famous for the guaranty that the company put on them.

I have only one pair of Vibergs and was thinking about maybe getting another. How long do custom boots take? Can somebody with some experience fill be in on how long it will take and what do I have to do to get started?

Also, has anybody ever bought a cordovan boot from them? What's the difference between cordovan and horsehide?

One last question: has anybody ever gotten leather soles shoe from Viberg. I've seen a ton of Dainite, but never a traditional leather sole.

Thanks. Sorry again for all the questions

14. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

I'm out of breath reading your post. If I make it up there, I'll see if I can find out for you.

15. velomane

velomane Senior member

Yes, it is a long post. It is indicative of how lacking Viberg's website is. Most of the info augustwest is seeking should be easy to find on their site, but unfortunately, it isn't. So how about it, Brett?