• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
according to Viberg from now on the caps will be the new smaller size.
They haven't yet agreed to accept mine as a return but it's a pretty major thing imo 1st world problem style to not explicitly state this..? So we'll see.
and @nishant is right, these I'm sure will become the norm, etc.
That sucks. Hopefully they let you return them

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
They haven't yet agreed to accept mine as a return but it's a pretty major thing imo 1st world problem style to not explicitly state this..? So we'll see.
This suggests viberg will have QC cut off for cap toes... i dont believe this will be the case itll be anything goes unless its severly jacked up or structural. Case in point the new withered fig oxford has some massive cap toes. So its hard to say what will occur.

biglmbass

Reaction score
Case in point the new withered fig oxford has some massive cap toes. So its hard to say what will occur.
Now that you mention it, they do look a little big. No bigger than the similar Miloh Shop oxfords IMO.

honestpanda

Reaction score
Its apart of the style, the 1035 cap toes almost take up the entirety of the vamp.. and the Mimoh Shop ones look more normal IMO.
The 2040 captoes from the latest drop are pretty big compared to the 2030s from the same drop.

Mr.Chest

Reaction score
Only nice thing about small cap goes is less concern for creasing your captoe if that’s something you’ve ever had problems with. My color 8s almost started creasing just past the captoe because of the fit. Kinda nice I don’t have to worry about that on my nattys

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard back, they are allowing the return in this case stepping-up style..
Nice glad to hear it and thanks for finding out if it's a "thing" going forward. They've been pretty cool about that kind of stuff(obviously not the same exact thing)with me so long as it is reasonable.

bootyboy

Reaction score
Wow ! Good bye Captoes, from now on plaintoe boots only or if you can look at pics before buying (which some retailers let you do).

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Ooh....drool. Thanks, I know I wanted to see photos and all - but I made an impulse buy a couple weeks ago (Tricker's Bronze Unicorn). These are really nice!! Congrats! Looking forward to see how they age. I also like the French Binding as it gives a clean black look without showing the leather edge.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.