1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BicklesPickles

BicklesPickles Active Member

Went out on a limb and picked up the 11 Boondocker. I'm between an 11.5-12 on a Brannock, so we'll see how it goes, but definitely ready to return them if need be.

2. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

In my experience CXL stretches quite a bit in the upper, where you pull the laces tight every day, but probably won't in the toe box much at all if that's where it's tight.

3. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Can you post pictures of these in good light? Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi Jacket: 36S/38S. Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

4. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Senior member

Just saw the pics on Leffots Instagram, they're gorgeous!

5. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you.

I know there only brown chromexcel, but I thought they looked pretty good.

6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Brown CXL is one of my absolute favorite leathers. Looks super rich both new and worn in and works with nearly everything.

7. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Pretty much my thoughts as well, thanks.

8. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Not only those boots you got are wonderful

9. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir.

10. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

I actually wanted to have a MTO derby with this but they did not have enough leather even for a single pair. I absolutely adore the rich navy colour. Truly gutted.

Not sure how I would feel about the chukka though.

11. sklark23

sklark23 Senior member

I see the Bison and Loden green are still up in the market, I thought they were no longer available for purchase?

12. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Can anyone give me the lowdown on the Viberg CXL Service boot vs. the Alden 403 Indy? I have a pair of Indys but am eyeing the Vibergs in Color 8 CXL. I figure the Vibergs are better quality, and I know that they are "sleeker" but how do they compare in terms weigh, width/blobbiness, instep height, etc.

Also, fair to say Trubalance size = 2030 size?

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Tons of posts in this thread comparing. I would suggest using the search function to get a bunch of info

14. pitimespi

pitimespi Member

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to reply with your advice. Much appreciated. I have decided to return the boots.

15. pitimespi

pitimespi Member

Sure. I am not sure if you are asking for a picture with my feet in them (to see the fit), but this is what I have right now:

[​IMG]

I also did a side by side comparison with one of my Alden wt boots which fit me comfortably:

[​IMG]

And just for the heck of it, here's the Viberg vs. a couple of my Alden boots:

[​IMG]

I couldn't quite figure out why the Viberg feels so tight... It's a struggle even to just put my feet in them. I think the attached tongue has something to do with it... It's attached all the way up to the top of the boot.

1 person likes this.
  16. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Alden looks slimmer & sleeker.

How does the leather compares?

17. tylernim

tylernim Well-Known Member

The Viberg leather is going to be much much thicker.

I just received my brown cxl 2030s...I would say they are 1/4 size larger than barrie lasted boots.

18. tylernim

tylernim Well-Known Member

First time out in the wild.

They are Brown like previously mentioned. I went with the ultra artistic iPhone enhance button and they look like Color 8 in the picture. So in actuality they're a little less red, but the depth and variation of color are accurate.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I just received my first pair of Vibergs. I'll have to take pictures later, but they are The Service Boot in Brown CXL on the 2030 Last thru Leffot which have already been posted by a couple others already. I'm very pleased, these are pretty nice indeed. The leather is pretty thick as others have mentioned, and I really like the way the boot looks. Overall I'm pretty impressed. I had given some thought to getting a Whites Boot next, but at this point I wouldn't mind getting another Viberg Boot.

I went with my Barrie size and all they are snug at the ball and the toes, but they do seem to fit Ok.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014