1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That midnight chukka is great looking so I am sure you will not be disappointed. Please post some pics when you get it, I would love to see some real world shots

2. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Consider it done

Edit: just checked the pics of the smoke Kudu, looks dope

3. Diabolical

Diabolical Senior member

The

The kudu alden uses is supplied by Horween and its cowhide. The kudu viberg uses is from an actual kudu.

4. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

I hear ya. That is why I was hoping to see some pics of a pair with some miles on it to get a sense of the difference as I have no experience with Kudu that is actual Kudu but sounds like it might be pretty sweet.

5. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

At the end of the day, it's grey suede. Just giving you a hard time. Actually, I'm not a black boot guy, either. Of the over 25 pairs of boots I have, none of them are black. This limits me when I wear something that calls for black footwear so I figured I need to get at least one pair of black. I'm not ready to go the shiny black CXL or black shell yet, so I figure the matte type of black would work to start with.

Actually, that's why I was first interested in the smoke grey Kudu when I thought it was grain side out. A darker grey grain side out or nubuck type finish would have been great.

6. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Senior member

Did the smoke gray get off the ground. I am still waiting to see if the derby does

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

not sure yet. It seems like at least 6-8 are in but we will see once the ordering opens.

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Both the kudu service boot / boondocker and the Derby in brown CXL will be up in the store what's in the week. Whether they go forward depends strictly on you guys.

Cheers,

Fok

1 person likes this.
  9. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Guy - any plans for a restock on the Boondocker? Can't believe my size is already gone.

10. GooseG

GooseG Senior member

I can't believe they're not sold out. That's such a badass looking chukka.

11. pitimespi

pitimespi Member

I just put on my very first pair of Viberg boots in brown CXL leather and I'm afraid it's a tad bit tight. I was just wondering if any of you had experience with chromexcel leather stretching over time with normal wear.

12. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Boots/shoes should always feel like they fit well and be comfortable when they're new. Having said that, CXL will stretch a bit but the difficulty is knowing what you mean by "a tad bit tight". This might be splitting hairs but the connotation of "snug" might work as they might stretch enough to be comfortable. But to me, "tight" is dangerous to think they will stretch enough. This will need to be a judgment call on your part.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  13. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Depends ,what size are they? Only joking.

In my experience CXl gives more than most other types of leather I own, but it would all depend on where the tightness is and how tight it truly feels, which clearly only you would know. In general I never hope for something to stretch when I buy it, which Im sure you did not do here either. On occasion Ive been in the same situation and have had some success and some failure, all I can say is if you have doubt which is what it sounds like, dont keep them otherwise you'll just have a really cool pair of boots gathering dust in your closet.

1 person likes this.
  14. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

In my experience with the black CXL boots, it not only stretches slightly, but leather has a slight elasticity. I can put on the boots after shelving for a few days and the toe box feels snug. Half a day later and it's comfortable. I think that's the leather heating up and flexing with use.

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
    Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

15. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I meant half a day of wearing them and walking around.

Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. -- Rumi

Jacket: 36S/38S.
    Shoes: 7.5EE-8.5D.

16. JPFNY5

JPFNY5 Senior member

[​IMG]
    I know these are not "in the wild" but I couldn't be happier with these! The seude is buttery soft, is incredibly comfortable and the deep navy defenitely makes these stand out! I have Alden's chukka as well and it can not even compare. Any time I see navy blue seude I am drawn in!! If you are considering these I would highly recommend them.

1 person likes this.
  17. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Thank You! I had taken myself to the ledge I just needed an excuse to jump.

18. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

I just received word from Leffot that my Vibergs have arrived. Hopefully I'll have them in a matter of a couple of days.

19. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior member

Enjoy them man, post some pics when you can.................FWIW I use Rochester shoe trees in mine, they have a partially structured toe, so I cant speak to the difference, if any, on an unstructured toe but the fit is good in my 2030s

20. dddrees

dddrees Senior member

Thank you sir. I also appreciate the shoe tree recommendation. I 'll have to take a look at these if none of the ones I have already work.