• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way to get after it and nice pick-up on the Himels. If they don't work out for some reason consider messaging me - they're my size:)

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
New waxed naked kudu on DR...

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New waxed naked kudu on DR...

If I didn’t have the plain toe version I’d definitely get these.

Squizzy3k

Reaction score
If I didn’t have the plain toe version I’d definitely get these.
I noticed stitching on the tongue that I don’t have on any of my boots. Assuming it’s because the kudu has to be lined?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed stitching on the tongue that I don’t have on any of my boots. Assuming it’s because the kudu has to be lined?
Mine are lined. These are the only kudu I have and kudu is spongy and somewhat soft. I can see it needing to be lined.

Iotapa

Reaction score
I always prefer boots lined anyway. Any reason they rarely do gusseted tongues on kudu/horse or really anything anymore? Might have to do an MTO just for that...

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always prefer boots lined anyway. Any reason they rarely do gusseted tongues on kudu/horse or really anything anymore? Might have to do an MTO just for that...

Unlined boots are gusseted. I’ve never seen a lined gusseted boot, so I’m guessing the way lined boots are made prevent that.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im a fan of the gusseted tongue, didnt like it that much when i first saw it but its very practical.

jlchau

Reaction score
I have some OG snuff suede kudu service boots that are lined, but with an unlined gusseted tongue.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure I'm following right, but rather than me speculating, could you please clarify?
I guess my question should have been do all lined boots have stitching running along the top of the tongue.
I have some OG snuff suede kudu service boots that are lined, but with an unlined gusseted tongue.

And I have some horse butt boots that are unlined with a lined, non-gusseted tongue.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn are they inconsistent! I have a pair of unlined horsebutts with unlined gusseted tongue (color 4 horsebutts from Miloh Shop) and a pair of lined horsebutts with a lined non-gusseted tongue (Oiled Mocha Rowdy from Division Road). I wonder if it’s at the discretion of the retailer?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads