• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tigerpac

Reaction score
^nice build - agree on the grip. I only like leather soles on a really dressy boot, and even then, usually like a sole guard.

sellran

Reaction score
So they still have the navy cordovan boot for sale. I thought it would sell out within minutes.I have to pass due to price. Wondering why others passed? It is an amazing boot and with only 15 pairs being made a pretty rare opportunity.

kennyx

Reaction score
It's the Navy for me... too pricey for me for something that wont be worn too much. Looking forward to the guidi service boots that I think I read a few pages back would be on the site for sale sometime in March though.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Can anyone guess what model this will be? Burgundy grain I think.

Last edited:

Scottystyles

Reaction score
I'm a new guy here but here it goes :). I own 4 pairs of Viberg Service boots in size 9. Love every pair! totally disappointed the MTO program is dumped. The new navy cordovan look absolutely beautiful! I'm just not convinced on the 2030 last. I have 3 pairs of 2045 and a boondocker in 110. TBH, the 110 is a tad sloppy but still not too bad. Better with inner soles. 2045 is perfect!! I tried the 2030 in a 9.5 once but sent them back as they had almost 1.5" spare up front which felt odd, but width was ok, so I guess spending the money to find a 9 will be too narrow is an expensive gamble. The modern dilemma's of a boot wearer :/ hahaa!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome. You have more than enough pairs of Vibergs to make it past the entrance!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a new guy here but here it goes :). I own 4 pairs of Viberg Service boots in size 9. Love every pair! totally disappointed the MTO program is dumped. The new navy cordovan look absolutely beautiful! I'm just not convinced on the 2030 last. I have 3 pairs of 2045 and a boondocker in 110. TBH, the 110 is a tad sloppy but still not too bad. Better with inner soles. 2045 is perfect!! I tried the 2030 in a 9.5 once but sent them back as they had almost 1.5" spare up front which felt odd, but width was ok, so I guess spending the money to find a 9 will be too narrow is an expensive gamble. The modern dilemma's of a boot wearer :/  hahaa!

Welcome to "enablers" club! :)

I have Vibergs in 2040 in size 8 and the fit is better than perfect. I have never tried 2030 but was thinking 8.5 will be perfect size for that narrow last.

Believe it or not but Guy from Viberg told me to go with same size in 2030 as 2040 according to my fit. I'm still not sure as general opinion is to go with Alden Trubalance size which is 8.5 for me.

kennyx

Reaction score
saw this on the Viberg blogsite... does anyone know which boot this is?

Brattman

Reaction score
^ I believe that's a service boot made in collaboration with Nigel Cabourn this Fall. I toured the Viberg factory this past September and they had those on the racks. They looked amazing.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look like waxed boondockers with a commando heel, pull tabs & antique eyelets.

CEE88

Reaction score

My MTOs on the 2040 I got this summer. Basically been wearing them daily. Not sure why or how my two pairs of Vibergs are so damn comfortable and supportive, but they are. Can wear them longer than sneakers.
Nixda - those look fantastic. Congrats. Great to hear they are comfortable. Is that suede or rough out CXL? Curious about the dark spots - what caused them? They look fine -- and convey a broken in look to the boot -- but have you ever tried/ had any success cleaning those off? I have Quoddy and Yuketen suede shoes that are 4-5 years old, get tons of wear but haven't developed dark spots that I've seen in several Viberg boot pics.

CEE88

Reaction score

Recently acquired Boondockers from Leffot. Stunning boots..
Szerwo, nice pick up. I've been thinking about this makeup for quite a while now. How is that leather sole treating you? Is it comfortable to walk in? Is there a break in process or was it comfortable out of the box?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads