• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

woofmang

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about getting some Limmers one day. So many people swear by them and say one pair will last a lifetime.
I've got a pair of barely-worn Limmer Lightweights for sale in Buy & Sell; they're marked US 9 W, but they fit more like a 9.5, unless you're wearing super-heavy hiking socks:

smartbrother

Reaction score
Very nice! Love how the eyelets almost match the un-dyed underside.

What’s your opinion on the soles? I have some boots with the V-bar sole and they are really durable and high wearing but not very shock absorbent.
I have the same soles on a pair of Viberg side zips. The soles are very hard wearing, without much give. But in my opinion, they don't feel much different than Dainite.

caffed

Reaction score
Nice. I think I’m gonna send a pair off to swap out dainite for the 430.
Cool.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Vibram 430 for comfort and grip. How long they will last is still unknown but so far seems on par with Dainite studded.

smartbrother

Reaction score
Really nice mods. Looks great. How’s the fit on that last?
Very generous in my same 2030 size, which I take 1/2 down from Brannock. Toe box feels very roomy, but not sloppy. I just got them back from Nick at Perkin Shoe Repair, so I haven't worn them yet.

caffed

Reaction score
I've got a pair of barely-worn Limmer Lightweights for sale in Buy & Sell; they're marked US 9 W, but they fit more like a 9.5, unless you're wearing super-heavy hiking socks:

Oh too bad. That’s one size too small for me.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.