• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

InternetTears

Reaction score
DR Mochas today ?, they got some spots so they’ll need their first wipe down later.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

Weren't these supposed to have an antiqued welt?

They are Barbour welted (fake-ish storm welt) with the same edging as the PTB Mocha shell cordovan service boots.

The Barbour welt is used heavily by Trickers.
It is really a flat welt using leather that has a high ridge that mimics the fold of a reverse split storm welt.

Meelypops

Reaction score
They are Barbour welted (fake-ish storm welt) with the same edging as the PTB Mocha shell cordovan service boots.

The Barbour welt is used heavily by Trickers.
It is really a flat welt using leather that has a high ridge that mimics the fold of a reverse split storm welt.
Yeah I saw the spec, but the original before release product shot was brown, this is natural coloured.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I saw the spec, but the original before release product shot was brown, this is natural coloured.

Hmmmmmm.... I think you’re right as the images on stitch down look like that.

I saved the DR product page but deleted it once the shoes arrived.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard & Strange released a 145 oxford and a service boot this morning. I especially like the half sole on the oxford.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Standard & Strange released a 145 oxford and a service boot this morning. I especially like the half sole on the oxford.

Oh the waxed deer is on Vibram 430 sole, very nice. Love seeing something else than the usual Dainite.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That waxed deer ?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
S&S sizing advice for the oxford (1035) deviates with Withered Fig's 1035 oxford advice. S&S says to go down full size from brannock. I have always heard only .5 size from brannock for the 1035 unless you have narrow feet. S&S also says 1.5sz down for narrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads