1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

Tags:
  1. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

What is a butthurt?

The format just seems odd.

All i'm saying is that if it's a first come first served basis via email how is anyone going to know who got there first?

It would be easier with a buy button. Once that's greyed out, no problem, someone beat me to it.

I have requested samples before, that's my only gripe, especially after blowing all my student loan on a pair at christmas.

2. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ uhhh, you're complaining already before it starts. i can imagine your butthurt when you dont get what you want

you know you got there in time when you get an invoice.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  3. migsy999

migsy999 Senior member

I guess these are Americanisms?

I don't know it. I suppose you mean getting in a mood/temper if i don't get my own way?

Well i'm going to be doing cartwheels one way or another. Whether that's off a cliff or down the pub is another matter.

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

you're a special snowflake

5. guyferguson

guyferguson Senior member

Like Fok mentioned, this is a normal forumla for an online sample sale. We will be staggering releases throughout the entire MONTH, so please everyone realize this is not some one day frenzy. I'll begin to post stock online at around noon (pacific), so in about 2 and a half hours. Fok and i were pretty excited to bring this sale to Styleforum and i'm surprised at any negative reaction. It's a sample sale, meaning nothing is guaranteed. If everyone thinks they are going to open that thread and find the exact boot they would have made for themselves in their size and half price i promise you will be disappointed. There are; however, a ton of great boots in a pretty wide range of sizes. I'm confident that over the course of the month most people who are serious about buying will have a chance to get something assuming the size works out. If everyone could please have a little patience and wait for the actual sale to start i'm sure all will be clear.

2 people like this.
  6. Teger

Teger Senior member

Viberg sizing advice - 10.5D in alden, 10.5d in katahdins, slightly wide foot but still a d-width -- 10 UK or 9.5 UK?

7. alldma

alldma Active Member

From what I have heard you will want to size true to Alden boots.

1 person likes this.
  8. seer

seer Senior member

Amen!

9. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

My only question is: Does a Viberg's UK sizing equal a half a size or full size up in the US conversion (i.e. does Viberg UK7 = US 7.5 or US 8)?

10. linafelt

linafelt Senior member

I wear a 10D in Chippewas, and a 10D or 9.5E in Alden, and in the Viberg 310 last the size 9E I tried on was clearly tight in the toebox. A 10D was slightly long, but still just a bit tight in the toe area. So in my experience they run slightly narrow, and about a half size long rather than a full....

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

can anyone else compare directly to alden sizing?

12. seer

seer Senior member

I'm usually a 10.5D in the Barrie last for Alden, and with my only Viberg boot - the chukka (in the 1001 last I believe), the UK9.5 fit great.

13. sellran

sellran Senior member

I have two pair of Vibergs. One is a 9 the other a 9.5. They are on different lasts and fit very differently. I won't buy anything in this sale that wasn't on one of those lasts since this is a no return situation. If you don't know your sizing on various lasts this could be as difficult as buying Aldens (which can be challenging).

14. Wade

Wade Senior member

I had a pair of vibergs before on the 2030 last and size marked on the boots was uk 6.5 but fit the same as 6.5 Barrie

15. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

damit you guys are making sizing vibergs seem very confusing...

16. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Senior member

So some talk about Viberg versus Alden...but for those without Aldens, any sizing advice against more common shoes? I.e. Clark's desert boots, Converse chucks, Common Projects, Allen Edmonds, etc? TIA

17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I wear a size 43 (US10) in all Common Projects shoes - essentially, any sneaker built on the Serena sole - and I take a size 9.5 in the Viberg 2030, etc... I like a sight bit of give in all of my footwear.

The 2030 last is much more shallow than most lasts, and is a bit elongated.

1 person likes this.
  18. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I take a 10 in both Clark's Desert Boots and Chuck Taylors, and a 42 in CP Achilles (mind you, they fit me pretty narrow but length is good), and I take a size 9 in the 2030 last (I have a pair of service boots, saddle oxfords, and hikers). I also have a pair of Viberg chukkas with the 110 last in 9.5, and although they're roomier, they still work.

1 person likes this.
  19. Royal42

Royal42 Senior member

Meaning you like to be able to stretch the leather as per your use? Therefore, you like your footwear a bit snug?

Edited to be directed at LA Guy

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

No, I like my footwear to be on the loose, rather than the snug, side. My toes get claustrophobia. I like them to be able to wiggle around when I put them on, from the first time.