1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Viberg Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ysb, Feb 9, 2011.

1. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

When and where is the next MTO event?

2. caffed

caffed Senior Member

Not sure what models you’re referring to but they do use horshide and horsebutt which end up feeling different. Both of mine were fully lined.

3. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior Member

The himel horsebutt engineers are unlined above forefoot area, leather is some of the most as* kickin' stuff Ive seen, and their latest release based on the IG pic looks unlined as well.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 5:53 AM

4. honestpanda

honestpanda Senior Member

Himel makeup and the Miloh Shop Color 4 Horsebutt is unlined. But the bourbon and brown Horsebutt on Viberg.com is lined. All are Horween I believe.

5. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior Member

I had a pair of shell boots that were unlined, they dont do that anymore but I preferred it. In general I prefer the unlined, those Himel Boots comin' up are tempting, just looked at the pic again, so nice. I think the rule of thumb is, if you have a thick bullet proof leather you can make it lined or unlined if you want and if its thinner, they they want it lined.

6. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior Member

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 6:08 AM

7. NYDRH

NYDRH Senior Member

8. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior Member

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. Looks like it might be midway between natural and wheat.

9. nishant

nishant Senior Member

10. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

Seriously. Division Road and Miloh Shop keep hitting it out of the park!

11. honestpanda

honestpanda Senior Member

12. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior Member

Do they send this to you if you did the MTO? Sorry -- ignorant of how the MTO process works.

Additionally, is there any way to change your MTO order? I just realized I could get a similar make up to what I got through Miloh Shop, so might be interested in changing my MTO to a different leather.

Any info on this would be great!

13. Jmccle2

Jmccle2 Senior Member

Yes they sent the specs over to review & approve that everything looked right. I would assume you could make changes, as the lead time quoted was 12-16 weeks. Your boots won’t get worked on for a while.

I think there are others on this forum though that made changes after the fact and they got missed.

14. B0Bs4g3t

B0Bs4g3t Senior Member

I haven't received a spread sheet yet (went on the first day)...so I guess I'll wait for that.

Do you know how it will work if I switch to a new leather -- as in, will they verify that they have it available. Looking to swap to the toast reindeer or natural camel. But was unsure of stock, especially after people were talking about how some leathers were OOS after the sale.

15. vettemike

vettemike Senior Member

Did you snap a photo of the toast reindeer? Curious to see it