• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@VLSI , got the chukka in. The leather is basically exactly how they look in your pictures. Really more of a brown-grey, if anything. The depth of color is really nice.

I think @rydenfan (or was it someone else?) has mentioned that the 2030 last is in between the Alden barrie and trubalance, and that comparison is dead-on. It's slightly wider than the barrie and slightly more narrow than the trubalance. The lengths are pretty much the same.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just called.

Apparently even though the package was marked as "Returned Goods," someone in customs missed that and they wanted to charge Viberg customs fees. Supposedly the package is going back to customs to get reprocessed but isn't coming back to me.

7 days later and this package is still somewhere in limbo in Canada. They haven't tried redelivery and tracking hasn't shown it come back to the US...

Continuing the saga of my returned cordovan service boots...

Well over 3 weeks later and both Canada Post and the USPS have no idea where this package is. USPS is investigating, but I'm probably out of luck.

I didn't load up on insurance on these because I didn't know how customs would work if I marked the value at full price and didn't want Viberg getting hit with any extra fees. So this could be an $1100 loss if they lost the package.

Last edited:

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy **** scb, I'm sorry.
frown.gif

Maybe the good folks at viberg will throw you a bone on a new pair or something if you reach out to them?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

@VLSI
, got the chukka in.  The leather is basically exactly how they look in your pictures.  Really more of a brown-grey, if anything.  The depth of color is really nice.

I've beem very pleased with mine so far. Wearing every chance I get. I think you forgot the pictures though :)

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@VLSI , got the chukka in. The leather is basically exactly how they look in your pictures. Really more of a brown-grey, if anything. The depth of color is really nice.

I think @rydenfan (or was it someone else?) has mentioned that the 2030 last is in between the Alden barrie and trubalance, and that comparison is dead-on. It's slightly wider than the barrie and slightly more narrow than the trubalance. The lengths are pretty much the same.
Yes, that was me. Very similar fit with a bit wider heel. How is the fit for you? Would love to see how the chukkas came out

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've beem very pleased with mine so far. Wearing every chance I get. I think you forgot the pictures though
smile.gif
Yes, that was me. Very similar fit with a bit wider heel. How is the fit for you? Would love to see how the chukkas came out

Well, here's 1. It's pretty ridiculously nice. The color is pretty much perfect. Haven't ever handled Viberg before, was pretty blown away.

Last edited:

vettemike

Reaction score
Where did you get those brown engineer boots? I really like that leather. I haven't seen those for sale anywhere

lowgrade

Reaction score
Just made an account to say I'd definitely be interested in getting a pair of Natural CXL Oxfords.

Finn666

Reaction score
just flew over the last 10 pages i've missed reading during the last few weeks/months...saw a lot of great boots. congrats to all of you!

just took delivery of these babies... ironheartXviberg 66 hikers ...needed some new boots for hiking, so why the hell not, right ;)

went for a 2h hike the other day...here are the "after* pics:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads